This happens everyday with Bio-D...well not everyday but all the time maybe.That's just stupid.
Who would have thought BIO-diesel could be explosive?!?! This should make the Darwin Awards.
Could have been either...both are flamable, the only difference is the Methodox is also fatal if inhaled.That could of been any welder who worked around toxic flammable fumes. Was it the methanol or the methoxide that would have ignited it?
Clay... I don't want to downplay the dangers of Methodox, but lets not forget that Methanol has it's own very severe dangers. It is an anhydrous (dry) compound, that seeks to absorb water whenever possible. Methanal contact with mucus membranes can cause reactions ranging from mild irritation, to serious and permanant damage, depending on the extent, and lenght of exposure. Methanol can also cause blindness, and death if ingested.Could have been either...both are flamable, the only difference is the Methodox is also fatal if inhaled.
This is nasty stuff and should not be used in a garge where it could put your entire family at risk. An insurance company might refuse payment if they found out your house burned because you had a setup in your garage also.