Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching his videos on youtube for quite some time. I'll be coming from East Tennessee to have him bulletproof my 6.0.

Anybody been to his place to have him work on your rig? Any feedback you would like to offer would be appreciated...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have heard quite a few negative things about bill. There is another really good shop in the atlanta area you may want to check out instead who actually backs up their work

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I wouldnt let him work on my stick horse... That guy is missing more than a few marbles....

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why am I only starting to hear the bad things one week away from my appointment....... shizzle man!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I Had a GREAT Experience with Powerstroke Specialties

I am only now hearing something negative about that shop. I had them overhaul my '03 Excursion with a 6.0. The work he did was done right, on time and dead-on price wise. My experience with him was great.

When I went to his shop he drove the truck with me then took me around and showed me his operation. Since I am a trained mechanic and a degreed aviation electrician I was really curious about his practices and philosophy about the work he was doing. Basically, I was probing to figure out if he was a shade-tree mechanic with lots of ideas but nothing to back it up or was he knowledgeable. He set my mind at ease, we agreed on the work and he delivered it. My only quibble was it was expensive but I feel like it was very much worth it.

Since I don't know the specifics of what people don't like other than the suggestion Bill has a screw loose, it sounds to me more like personality. In the face of that I will say this after having met the man, Bill is passionate about Powerstroke Diesels and everything we discussed rang true and accurate. He is aggressive and persuasive but that is just who he is. It aint braggin' if you can actually do it.

I would recommend Bill and Powerstroke Specialties to anyone.

Nick Robinson
"Reverie"

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I wouldnt let Bill Hewitt work on a lawn mower:doh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not questioning your opinion. I just wanted some specifics that would explain your position. If you can't back up your opinion and you say something like that, all you are accomplishing is character assassination. Did he screw something up on your truck or someone you know? Did he cheat you? Did he run over your dog?

Reverie

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I'm not questioning your opinion. I just wanted some specifics that would explain your position. If you can't back up your opinion and you say something like that, all you are accomplishing is character assassination. Did he screw something up on your truck or someone you know? Did he cheat you? Did he run over your dog?

Reverie
Find his free youtube videos. Watch them. Then you will understand where im coming from.

Heres an example. The guy promotes changing the HPOP oil in a 7.3. He musta forgot one little factor though. You change it everytime you change the oil in the truck anyway.

But he wants you to do it seperately:hehe:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Find his free youtube videos. Watch them. Then you will understand where im coming from.

Heres an example. The guy promotes changing the HPOP oil in a 7.3. He musta forgot one little factor though. You change it everytime you change the oil in the truck anyway.

Clearly this makes him an idiot. Just like bad punctuation.

Reverie

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts

I hate to say it but this kind of does make him an idiot. It's the internet, none of us care about punctuation.
Thats all the negative yall have?

Please, watch his videos, and then post back with whatever he does wrong.

Im not being an a$$ or anything, ive just used 2 of his videos for reference while installing a WW and my Dp f5 and they were a HUGE help, yea that oil change thing was a quack, but is that it?

Anyone else have input or some personal experience? Id really like to hear some more about him too

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
I agree, there are better and more popular shops in the area to choose from, i would just check with all of them with a dollar $$$ figure and then make a decision

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
Hes been open for several years, that oughta say something.

Stealerships all over the country try to sell "maintenence packages" and charge thousands for them when all they include is wiper and oil changes and you're complaining cause he wants to change the hpop oil? Yes its a bit nutso, but is it really that far out of line considering what other shops do daily? Have you ever been to a jiffy lube?

I'm not saying I'm taking my truck there, I do most my own work, but if he was completely crazy, I'm sure he would have been closed down years ago...

Hell, hes one of the guys who got me wanting a 7.3 even more, before I got on here and saw all the negativity towards him. I found his videos on youtube and they made me think "yeah, I can do all that" and I have (aside from the hpop oil change, that is a bit overkill)

Besides that, I don't really see much that he does thats crazy. Changing tranny fluid? no. adding exhaust, no. changing front end, no. get gas out of your diesel fuel tanks, no....

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
he has a vid about changing front ends?

would that happen to be our bodystyle to the 05-07??????? that would be another vid ill use soon!

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
he has a vid about changing front ends?

would that happen to be our bodystyle to the 05-07??????? that would be another vid ill use soon!
yeah. 99-04 to 05-07

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
WOW! I will be using it very soon! Got a link?

Where is his shop at?
Somewhere in georgia isnt it?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts