1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
No bigger than 255/85/16 without spacers

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put a set of fierce attitude 265 70r17 on mine and have not rubbed yet. But I did buy a set of 2 inch spacers which are not on yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put a set of fierce attitude 265 70r17 on mine and have not rubbed yet. But I did buy a set of 2 inch spacers which are not on yet.
do you like the fierce attitude's i was thinking about buying those for my dually

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
I've seen a few DRW's with 265/70R17's on the '05+ trucks without rubbing, as long as your keep the air pressures up and don't haul heavy.

On a '99-'04 I'd say stay under a 255.

For a 12.5" wide tire, you'll need a 2" spacer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i know this may be like comparing apples to oranges but i am new to this end of the diesel world and i used to have a lifted cummins dually with 285s (285x75-16) bfg mt's. they just barely touched at the bottom since thats where the sidewalls usually bulge out on a tire from the weight of the vehicle. anyways, i pulled heavy loads with it all the time. bumper pull and gooseneck trailers. never had a single problem. went about 50k on it like that (not the same set of tires obviously) too before i sold it. so i would say even if they touch a lil bit at the bottom u will be fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
do you like the fierce attitude's i was thinking about buying those for my dually
I love them so far. I used to run less agrresive tire till I got stuck in 2" of mud.And when I saw the barbwire on them I was sold. I got them for winter tires since I run the 22.5 in the summer.only have about 5k on them this summer not sure how they are going to wear.Most of those miles is towingmy 40' 5th wheel camper or boat. I actually got them for my utility truck as well which is heavy and so far they are good. They can't be to bad they are a goodyear tire. I got them from treadepot.com no one could beat there price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Iv got 285/70-17 on my 08 f350 4x4 I can load some pics later when I get home they barly touch at the bottom fromthe weight of the truck I don't haul much anymore tho

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey Fatbotton64 did you run spacers on you 08 with the 285/70/17 tires. I'm getting ready to buy 6 new tires and was gonna get the bfg muds in 255/80/17 but I want a little wider and was looking at the 285's. Looking to run a 1/2 inch spacer with the 285's.
thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts