Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall im wondering what the biggest tire size i can fit under my stock F-350 with out needing any kind of lift. My 265/75R16's look small and its tire time. Ive read that 305/70R16 will fit with no rubbing issues. I wan't bigger tires for the look but also it will bring the RPM's down on the highway or any driving for that matter and save me som $$$ on Diesel.

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was looking on some websites and it looks like 285/75R16's are actually taller (not as wide) as 305/70R16's and they can hold more weight especially if you get load range E's (3700 lb rating) but the D's are still 3350 lb rating where as the 305's are just 2900. i don't know what do yall think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i am on ....i am in the powerstroke the foil delete doesnt really do anything so i am just gonna leave it i dont think it will get any louder the mbrp exhaust makes sharline loud enough

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
^^What was that? lol

if you're wanting a taller tire then get the 285/75's

i have 3.55's so i can go with a wider tire and still have good mpg on the interstate

what gears do u have?

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh that was my buddy...hes new to the site and didn't know about PMing so he just tracked down one of my threads. Ive got 3.55's. See i want a taller tire to fit the wheel well a bit better and i play in the snow alot so from experience a slightly narrower tire does better. The 285/75's are a 33 and the 305/70's are a 32 but im worried about the clearance in the front while turning with the 305's. plus they don't have the load rating the 285's do. See i don't even know how big i can go without needing a lift so its making it hard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used to have a 93 and could clear 315/75 16'[email protected] stock height. Some trucks need to have the bumper shimmed a little ( washers between the bumper and the mount). You also can go to your local tire shop and ask them to mount the tire on the rim and put on the truck and turn the wheel lock to lock.

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i know what tire im going with but just not size yet. Im looking at load rating as well as the size and from what ive seen the 285's have the highest ratings. plus the price...its gonna be a while before i get them (uncle sam called i guess there's a war going on) but i want to get it figured out so that when i get back from the sand box i can get everything done i need to do.

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha ha...yeah i saw your thread a little while ago where you were putting the fender flares on. I don't know if ive got the nuts to do that...it was hard enough for me to put my hood pins in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was running 285/75 on my f250. Now I am running 305/70. I was runnning BFG's AT's and now I have Maxxis Bighorns. The bighorns are the same height as the BFG's just slightly wider. Both rubbed at full lock with stock wheels and I had to cut the inside corner of the bumper where it rolls under. Heres a pic with the Bighorns

·
Registered
254 Posts
Iam running a 285/75/16 mastercraft courser ct with no problem at all no rubbing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am running 265's on my truck now which is a good all around tire but i have a level kit on so I am considering either a 285,295 or a 305 so we will see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts