Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 f350 that is leveled. it has 20" factory wheels with 275-65-20 tires on it. i dont want a mud tire since i love the way the stock goodyears run. what is the best largest tire without any rubbing? thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Some guys here have had 37's with just a leveling kit. Tires will rub at full lock on the radius arms. I have a 6" lift and they still rub at full lock just the same. You will probably have to trim the inner fender well with 35's or bigger. If your wanting an AT, I'm no help in the metric sizes but whatever 35's or 37's convert to, they should work.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm running 37X13.5X20's in the Toyo MT's with a leveling kit.

They Work, but I don't really haul with my truck, so I can't say much on the load capacity.

Looks Great, but if you Haul or Tow Often, I'd say the 35X12.5X20 will be a Great Choice.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i will look into the 35's since i tow and plow.
any suggestions on brands?
your trucks look awesome guys!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm facing the same dilema, leveled 350 and want bigger factory similar tires

·
Registered
544 Posts
If your not wanting a mud tire, I recommend BFG AT. They seem to last forever and I think you can get them in a 35" tire. I like the looks of the pro comp at but I don't know anything about them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the pro comps on my 02. i think they were 325 or 315's. they wore well and rode well. you just have to keep up on the ballencing. the problem i am having is the 02 truck rode like a choppy tank and the 08 rides smooth so i dont want to switch tires and roughin the ride.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I have the BFG AT's. Love them, I just wish they were a little bigger. I went with 285/65/20 and I believe they measure out to 34.7 x 11.2. The next size up they offer is 325/60/20 which measures out at 35.4 x 12.9. I was worried about fitting those on the factory rims with a shorter sidewall.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
i would definitely go with the 35's. especially since you will be towing. i would go with the nitto AT's. they are an awesome tire and they ride great! plus you get a good quality tire without the price of the BFG's.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
no problem. thats what this forum is here for! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im running 325/60/20 bfg at's on stock suspension, there is some minor rub on the inner fender but not much. Should be perfect with a levelling kit.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Look into the Hancook dynapros. They have been getting great reviews and excelent mileage. Just my personal experience and that of those around me, the nittos where like chit on large trucks, and bfg at's wear alright but nothing compared to these dynapro tires. And they are fairly cheap in price.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
i'm running the nittos on mine and i love them..

·
bye bye 6.4L
231 Posts

I am running 35's on the factory 20's, with 2.5" leveling kit. Toyo MT's really wore out fast on me.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Im running 325/60/20 bfg at's on stock suspension, there is some minor rub on the inner fender but not much. Should be perfect with a levelling kit.
Do you have any pictures of your truck with those tires on it? Are they on factory rims?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts