Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m debating on getting a set of 155cc injectors from Warren diesel, my motor has just been rebuilt with the cylinders bored .20 with new pistons to match, I’ll also have head studs and the upgraded 6.4 banjo bolts and already have the blue spring upgrade.
If I end up getting the injectors I will buy a tune to go with them.
Should I go with the bigger ones or stay put with my stock injectors?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I’m debating on getting a set of 155cc injectors from Warren diesel, my motor has just been rebuilt with the cylinders bored .20 with new pistons to match, I’ll also have head studs and the upgraded 6.4 banjo bolts and already have the blue spring upgrade.
If I end up getting the injectors I will buy a tune to go with them.
Should I go with the bigger ones or stay put with my stock injectors?
Do you tow? How heavy? Any plans of a larger turbo? If i was going to go larger I would do 190/30s. Good tuning can make them perform much like a stock injector when needed and also add the extra fuel/power when needed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got a stock turbo now but I’m hoping to upgrade in the future. And I do tow with it too

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I’ve got a stock turbo now but I’m hoping to upgrade in the future. And I do tow with it too
I would go with 190/30s and good tunes. You will have extra power and still be fine to tow. Make sure you have pyrometer and fuel pressure gauge in the works also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SixLitre_Heidt

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,512 Posts
Injector size all depends on what turbo you want to run and what hp output you are wanting. If you tow, stay away from bigger nozzles. 155/30 is a small upgrade and will pair well with a stock or stage 1 turbo. The good things about 155s, is a healthy stock fuel system will be fine and you're egts will be very manageable and almost a non-issue with the correct tuning. I would recommend Holder's injectors, and KC turbos.

Now, the BAD thing about 155/30 is in a few months you will be wanting more and that's hard on the wallet to pay for injectors twice. That is why I normally recommend people just start with a 175/30 injector. Just my .02

·
Registered
18 Posts
How heavy and often do you tow? I'm running Warren 190/30's and KC Stage 2 turbo. I've towed 10k with this setup but definitely need to watch my egt's and staying on top of the turbo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the input, I’m actually getting my motor rebuilt at the moment and I’m wanting to put new injectors in while I’m here instead of my old injectors that have 200k on them.

I already have quite a bit of money into my rebuild with a new clutch and head studs and really can’t afford to go into a regulated return or bigger turbo right now so I’m thinking I’ll just go small with the 155/30s.

I’ll update with my choice and eventually with how it runs when I get it all back together and running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts