Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday a group of us left elizabeth city heading toward west va for a few days of atv fun. We pull out at 5 am and all is well. I notice that my EGTs are a tad bit warm for my liking, they were hovering around 1k and 1100. i was using an agressive tow file, so i pull over and put her back to stock. Get back on the road, notice that my EGTs are now warmer than before so i back off the go pedal and decide that i will put the tow file back on when we stop for breakfast. Been on the road for about 1 hour and a half and the boost guage pegs out and i am loosing power. Pull over, see nothing immediately wrong so i nurse it to the cracker barrell. Reflash the truck and let it cool, back on the road and all is well once again. In the mean time i am looking for scruffys number just incase things go south and i was heading his way anyhow. Make it to the other side of winston salem, hop on 52 to 74 to 77 going in to va and start up the first pull in va. I notice a strange noise over the radio, so i turn it down. There is a terrible squealing from under the hood so i am fearing a bread down is near. another mile up the road the squealing stops along with the boost. :doh: i move over to the shoulder and nurse it up to the top of the mountain and call my buddies that were up ahead of me to come get the trailer. Luckily, i got in touch with scruffy, he just so happens to have what i need to get rolling again. I drop the trailer, and proceed to try to nurse my baby back down the mountain and 50 miles back to his shop. I made it within 35 miles or so and the turbo completely let go, i had smoke and oil everywhere, i was stuck. I call scruffy again, he gets a tow truck comming for me and gets me back to his shop. I just want to give a big thanks to scott and jon for getting me rolling again. I was able to pull my trailer home, EGTs were back down around 800 to 900 and boost was back under control. Again i would like to give a big thanks to Trucks Unlimited for saving my weekend and getting me back on the road. :woot: :thumb:

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Hell yeah!:beer: for Scott and Jon! Great job guys.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Good deal! You can't find better folks than them at all. :)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
What had happened with it?
And great job to those guys! Always good to be able to call somebody close!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What had happened with it?
And great job to those guys! Always good to be able to call somebody close!
i think it stuck which started the problem, it had 130k on the factory turbo. then, apparently the bearing started to go hince the squeal then it siezed. upon trying to make it to the shop the shaft broke so the exhaust wheel and the intake wheel were no longer one unit.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where abouts did you go 4wheelin?
we went up to welch wv to ride the local stuff. its near the mccoy trails but i have not been on them. you can also get to the wagons wheel if you have ever heard of it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lucky u were so close to a master tech
i was lucky he had the parts also. i felt odd letting someone else work on my truck though :rofl: that was the first time i have ever had to have a vehicle towed and the first time in years that anyone else has done work on one of my vehicles.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
You could not have asked for better service than what you got! Scott is one of a kind!!!!! They are the best!!!! The Granny Truck thinks Scott is awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Man.. wish I had luck like that. If my truck were to lay down.. it would happen as far away from good help as possible.

Glad to hear that Scott and Jon were able to get you back up and running.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts