Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am about to get mad, who makes a big rig wheel kit for the f250? Where do I get it from and how much lift do I have to have, I am thinking I am leaning towards the 22.5 considering what I have read about the 19.5......Do the semi tires reallly last that long?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
im intrested due to my buddy just buying a DRW

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check out this web site. American Force, Big Dually Wheels and Rims -- Custom Dually Wheels For Big Trucks They have the wheels and info you are looking for. I would use the info and buy the wheels used from ebay or a local semi repair shop. I would not spend over a $100 on a used wheel, unless it has been repolished. New wheels from a semi dealer, when I priced them were under $300 a wheel new. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You don't have to have a dually, to run the big wheels, you just need to buy the super singles, and the right adaptors.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Check out this web site. American Force, Big Dually Wheels and Rims -- Custom Dually Wheels For Big Trucks They have the wheels and info you are looking for. I would use the info and buy the wheels used from ebay or a local semi repair shop. I would not spend over a $100 on a used wheel, unless it has been repolished. New wheels from a semi dealer, when I priced them were under $300 a wheel new. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately you can't just buy adapters and mount big rig wheels on your trucks. The wheels have to be machined still. Give Trevor Lockhart at
Tennessee Wheel & Tire (931-962-4646) a call. He specializes in dually wheels. You're looking at around like 3400 for 4 wheels and tires or 4200 for 6.

·
Registered
320 Posts
you can buy just adapters all day on ebay, But you need to make sure they are for the wheel pattern of the wheel you have. adapters alone will run 6-700 bucks on e-bay

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think? not sure 100% but I think paterbuilt or kenworth is the lug pattern they use?

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
so how long do the tires last?

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
According to what I was told the actual rig tires can last up to 250k. They are also 36.6 inches tall or 40.2 inches tall.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
holy crap 250k, I am not sure if I want to sink this much money now, how much would the total conversion cost? lift, tires, adapters, and wheels....oh boy I am thinking it will cost more than I was anticipating....

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
The quote I got from Tennessee tire for wheels, tires, lugs and adapters was 3400 for 4 or 4200 for 6. Than you would need a 4inch lift so tack on another grand minimum. YOur looking at 4400-5200 minimum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts