Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into the combo deals that dieselsite has for their cpr+fuel system. i was wondering what yalls thoughts were on it compared to say TE HPOP and maybe an ITP reg return. any other thoughts are welcome as well.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I think your goinjg to see the most difference performance wise from the terminator pumps. I hear those things turn your rig into a tow monster

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I was looking into the combo deals that dieselsite has for their cpr+fuel system. i was wondering what yalls thoughts were on it compared to say TE HPOP and maybe an ITP reg return. any other thoughts are welcome as well.

The CPR+ is a fuel system, as is the ITP regulated return. TE HPOP is a big oil system and a totally different animal than a fuel system.

If you are talking about fuel systems I like the fuel pickup and feed system of the CPR but I like the regulated return system from ITP.

For big oil there is Termy, Pulse(dieselsite.com), BTS, Swamps and Stealth. Any of them will make your truck run totally different. The power band is a lot flatter. The power comes on strong real fast down low and is there all the way, no more feeling like punching if from 3/4 throttle and nothing happens. It also increased my mileage and my EGT's went down while towing. If you have the money, big oil is absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CPR+ is a fuel system, as is the ITP regulated return. TE HPOP is a big oil system and a totally different animal than a fuel system.

If you are talking about fuel systems I like the fuel pickup and feed system of the CPR but I like the regulated return system from ITP.

For big oil there is Termy, Pulse(dieselsite.com), BTS, Swamps and Stealth. Any of them will make your truck run totally different. The power band is a lot flatter. The power comes on strong real fast down low and is there all the way, no more feeling like punching if from 3/4 throttle and nothing happens. It also increased my mileage and my EGT's went down while towing. If you have the money, big oil is absolutely awesome.
ok, that helps, i also realized i miss stated my question. dieselsite is selling the pulse and CPR+ as a package with like 200 off. so i was wondering whether that would be a good set up/price? or would it be a major noticeable difference to buy the TE HPOP and then the CPR+?

if im understanding you correctly, the CPR+ is not the same as the ITP regulated return because the CPR is an actual fuel system where as the ITp return is just a fuel return. both of which would be beneficial in towing and overall performance.

i hope my questions are a bit clearer this time. Thanks

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
ok, that helps, i also realized i miss stated my question. dieselsite is selling the pulse and CPR+ as a package with like 200 off. so i was wondering whether that would be a good set up/price? or would it be a major noticeable difference to buy the TE HPOP and then the CPR+?

if im understanding you correctly, the CPR+ is not the same as the ITP regulated return because the CPR is an actual fuel system where as the ITp return is just a fuel return. both of which would be beneficial in towing and overall performance.

i hope my questions are a bit clearer this time. Thanks
The CPR+ is a complete fuel system and regulated return kit. The price of the CPR is awesome. That with a pulse pump and you would have a real tow beast and a truck fun to drive.

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The CPR+ is a complete fuel system and regulated return kit. The price of the CPR is awesome. That with a pulse pump and you would have a real tow beast and a truck fun to drive.
awesome, thats what i wanted to know :thumb:

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you get "big oil" do you need a regulated return system as well? Do everything run more efficiently when you have both?
everything runs better with either or both (even better)
but one has nothin to do with the other . neither are, I just got a chip difference.
(nothing matches the initial performance gains of a chip especially for the price.)

big oil just gives your injectors more umph....
a regulated return just makes sure there is plenty of fuel there to spray..
it does other things and for other reasons, but that is why you get it.

the CPR comes in 3 flavors , the cprx is a full blown fuel system with a reg return.
to compare just an itp reg return to it, it would blow the itp out of the water.
a more fair comparison is an itp pre pump mod, plus an airdog, plus a reg return, plus a fuel bowl delete, plus a filter.....that is what the cpr-x is closer too.

I tested the pulse pump, it knocked at least a second of my 50~70 passing.
It pulled more solid from low end to high end. it improved mileage some but not a whole lot, more of , at least it didn't make it worse. lights didn't flash as much on my dash..
I still get a boost warning but no low hpop. Now that was on a stock truck. Even better with a chip, and would be much better with more mods .
The biggest difference, pulse and cprx cost less then the prebuilt termy unit.
Bob is a great guy to deal with. when I actually have any money to spend it will prob be with bob. There are other choices all of them work.. with joey's terminator unit, yes you get quality and proven performance..but be ready to drop closer to 3k by the time you add the remote ipr, And he is the only game in town for a remote ipr.
Now pulse doesn't really need it because you can get to the ipr.
If I wanted twins I would see joey. I just want big oil so I like pulse.

·
Registered
365 Posts
the CPR comes in 3 flavors , the cprx is a full blown fuel system with a reg return.
to compare just an itp reg return to it, it would blow the itp out of the water.
a more fair comparison is an itp pre pump mod, plus an airdog, plus a reg return, plus a fuel bowl delete, plus a filter.....that is what the cpr-x is closer too.
so with CPR there is no need for anything else fuel system related? and the filter under the hood is removed?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great description Southmike.........

·
Registered
193 Posts
so with CPR there is no need for anything else fuel system related? and the filter under the hood is removed?
when I talked to Bob. as he was putting my pulse unit on ..
he said the fuel bowl gets deleted on the cprx ..he said basically you could leave it there if you wanted to but it gets bypassed.
I didn't know that at the time.

now there are other versions of the cpr..
basically it comes as a stage 1,2,or 3
one changes the pickup adds some filter, two prob does the reg return and more filters, stage three adds a second fuel pump ..more filters, regulated return, bigger lines etc..even an optional return line cooler I believe.

basically if you do the cprx you should never have to touch your system , only service filters. in theory.

now I have ridden in bob's truck and it had all the power I would ever want, need or dream of, so in reality it is plenty.

now as far as competition goes you basically have 4 choices
1. a complete cpr sytem from Bob
2. from dennis at itp, using prepump, filter, airdog, filter, fb delete, reg return
3. David at di- tank mods , di fass kit , di reg return .
4. DIY -I started designing my own but while on paper it looks cheaper and should work..I just don't thing it would work as well and, not save as much, as you would think.

hutch & harpoon tank mods->filter/water sep-> bigger fuel lines to a walbro pump or twin oem's -> oem heated 3 micron filter > cck mod at the heads.

I also have to figure out the similar sytem with a fuel bowl delete,
that prob means swaping the cck for a reg return and adding a filter and some y blocks ......see way easier to just buy a kit.

I am sure BWD has a sytem to..just never heard anything about it.
or he uses someon elses parts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the way i understand it, from reading on the website is that the CPRx has a monster fuel pump for high hp apps, and the CPR+ has a normal one. other than that they are the same. check the site and correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
193 Posts
it may be ..on the exact details I am not sure. I know the aero pump is pretty high dollar.
and like you said, great for high hp trucks...so I am sure the cpr 1& 2
are great. seems like one keeps the bowl and 2 doesn't. But I am running on memory and guessing.....lol (neither is very reliable.)

i highly recomend talking to bob , he explains things perfectly, and has awsome customer service. he showed me some of his mods on his truck
..so it was a lil easier to see with a live demo, so to speak.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k sweet, thanks for your help. much appreciated, gonna try to purchase it this summer YAY!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts