Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im about to purchase a 2006 F350 crew cab drw, And i was looking into performance and economy upgrades. Now money isnt really the issue. I know alot have said that Banks is overpriced. But overall is the Big hoss bundle a good way to go? Ive researched alot on it but havent seen any reviews. I do understand that others are telling me SCT and get some exhaust and all. I dunno, just looking to beef this monster up. I travel alot and i pull a 20 foot trailer full of music equipment.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Get an oasis report BEFORE you buy. Trust me

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What transmission is in the truck? If it is an automatic, then I would recommend an SCT with custom tunes. When you run the Banks and things they do not do anything for the auto trans 'brain' Your trans (and eventually your wallet) will thank you. You can jsut get you a good flowing turbo back exhaust (no cat if you can) and get som eCustom tunes and then see how you like the truck. I see you say money isn't a problem BUT if you can spend $1000 and be happy then why spend upwards of 3500? just my .02

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get an oasis report BEFORE you buy. Trust me

good advice... but, i would take it one step further: take it to a ford dealership and get a diagnostics done... it's only 100.00. I did everything but the diagnostics check(oasis, carfax, inspected engine compartment) and you've read about my experience this week(i bought one... ).

Oasis report is a report that the dealership can run for you... telling what kind of service history it has and what was performed under warranty(if anything). Call the dealership with the VIN number and ask someone in the service department to run it for you... I have walked away from several trucks b/c of the Oasis report(trucks showed numerous services done on heads, injectors, turbos, etc.).

when you decide and purchase the mods... let us know how it turns out. I'm wondering about the same kind of mods...

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
I was told that alot about SCT. So the six gun is the issue? And whats an Oasis report
it is a report that will tell you all the warranty work that has been perfomed on the vehicle. It will let you know if its been in the shop alot and is a bad buy

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have a big hoss bundle on my truck minus the 6 gun and i love it, It fits great and looks pretty cool too lol. And it works really good.. Plus my brothers truck went 205,000 miles with the 6 gun before his tranny blew and my truck went 100,000 when my tranny went and that was with a custom tuned SCT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts