Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT DO BUSINESS with these clowns.

I ordered a few Carli parts and an ATS transmission pan back in February and was told the parts would be 3-4 weeks out as they had to be ordered.

Fast forward 4 months (yesterday) and all kinds of excuses later and the parts finally arrived - guess what?!?! the transmission pan was damaged (fin broke off). WOW! so I contact BIG DOG PERFORMANCE and ask if they even opened the box before forwarding to me - nope, why would they think to do that.

The best part is about two months in I asked for a refund as I would source the parts elsewhere. All of a sudden there was a 20% restocking fee... on parts they didn't even have. Must be nice to get 20% and not do anything.

Needless to say these guys are complete jackasses and don't respect a paying customer no sense of urgency or even an apology or a friggin hat (not that it would make a difference). Maybe if you walked into the shop with $100 bills falling out of your pocket they would pay attention.

OVERSELL AND UNDERDELIVER is a great business model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this just keeps getting better...

Package 3 of 3 shows up yesterday - a high mount steering stabilizer but NO AIR BAGS. awesome.

So I waited 4 months for a SS and a front diff guard from Carli.

How can people be so incompetent; the largest ticket item (~$1000CDN) on the order was 'accidentally' excluded.

So now I have a damaged transmission case and no air bags. I wish our legal system was more conducive to dealing with this type of situation.

I'll definitely call Carli after this and let them know about these clowns. I wouldn't want my product going with a 20 mile radius of them.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Maybe give HRT offroad out of Okotoks a call for your Carli stuff. I'm looking to get a Carli lift so let me know how it goes. I was thinking about ordering it from a vendor out of the U.S. and shipping it to Montana and picking it up. Ironically, I stopped by Big Dog and I wasn't too impressed with their customer service. Me and my cousin actually got our deletes done together at Big Dog and ordered two identical packages and they forgot to install his cold air intake. He had to make an additional trip back there to get it put on. All the shops in Calgary seem to be the same though. Hopefully HRT can get you up and running.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah I dealt with Big Dog for my Carli stuff. Long wait. Did my original lift then ordered bags a year later. I had the stuff forwarded to me on both orders so I can't comment in person.

Wasn't a terrible experience: I know it can take time to get things ordered, and it takes longer going through a middle man like them. But it felt like I had to nag them to get anything done. Otherwise they seemed content to take their sweet time with the whole thing.

I dealt with them because prices were better than HRT and I wasn't getting anything installed by either shop, so price mattered.

But I don't know if I would deal with them again. I certainly wasn't impressed with their service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts