Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the thread I will post pictures of when I do updates on my turbo install and upgrade.

I got a couple taking it out and yes, it was bad, minor scraping coming from the exhaust wall from where the turbine wheel loosened up and started scraping the wall.

Little dirty, You can see the shiney wear marks where it was vibrating.

Vane slots worn out.

All of the vanes pitted.

Rusty and dirty.

That's what happens when retards own the truck before you. Down Pipe clamp

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picking up a new clamp and wire holder, will post pictures when they get here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what we all thought....

Where the turbo once was..

Just a picture of my toolboxes, great place to lay parts as I take them off...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking about that also.

Can anyone weld? I was thinking instead of spending $500 on the IDP Y-pipe 1/2 upgrade, maybe someone can help me cut those bends off and weld solid pieces on there?

I just don't have a welder nor do I want to tackle something like that and not have it leak with my crappy welding jobs haha

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am ordering an upgraded turbo oil drain tube from Sinister Diesel, Hopefully be here by Friday.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates:

Decided to take the Y-pipe out before I got to lazy, had to take the fender well out.

Took the fender well out to make this bolt easy to get to, but it snapped.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Closer view of my whistling noise, time to shoot it with my colt 45... many many many times...

·
Registered
983 Posts
You should look into the ceramic coated y-pipe. I can't think of who did it. I won one at the Morgan event but haven't put it on yet. Matt known who.

Strokers Unlimited maybe? They local to the Atlanta area.

·
Registered
542 Posts
You should look into the ceramic coated y-pipe. I can't think of who did it. I won one at the Morgan event but haven't put it on yet. Matt known who.

Strokers Unlimited maybe? They local to the Atlanta area.
Strokers Unlimited is out of Fredericksburg VA..

·
Registered
983 Posts
Holy crap! Did he ride the bike that far?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my Y-pipe welded by a good friend who is also a die-hard Ford fanatic! He has been a welder for 58 years and he still has his original Miller welder at his shop haha

Tack welding the pipes in place.

Finished Product, very happy with it, he welded and filled over everything just to make sure it was ****ed to one side and so it would fit back like factory.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Strokers Unlimited did the ceramic coated Y-pipes. Looks like Robby has it covered though.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just decided not to spend the $400 for the "upgraded" y-pipe when I can spend $40 on an amazing weld job to take care of the problem. Now the only whistle you'll hear is those 10 blades chopping air more then bruce lee and bad guys.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I just decided not to spend the $400 for the "upgraded" y-pipe when I can spend $40 on an amazing weld job to take care of the problem. Now the only whistle you'll hear is those 10 blades chopping air more then bruce lee and bad guys.
GPDA members can get em' with the upgraded bellows and ceramic coating in the color of your choice for around $130. All I have to do is let Adam know your with us. $400 better come with a reach around, thats ridiculously high.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you could do that, that'd be awesome! I'll buy them tomorrow, just tell him to call me or tell me where to go, I appreciate it! And yes, Sinister Diesel is on some type of drugs, What I did welding that made the exact same thing Sinister Diesel stocks. But there pipe is actually $500... Ewe

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
If you could do that, that'd be awesome! I'll buy them tomorrow, just tell him to call me or tell me where to go, I appreciate it! And yes, Sinister Diesel is on some type of drugs, What I did welding that made the exact same thing Sinister Diesel stocks. But there pipe is actually $500... Ewe
The only thing is right now Adam is out of cores for up pipes so you'd have to send him yours to mod. If I ever get around to installing my ceramic coated up pipes you could send my core in so you didn't have any down time.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man! That'd be great, just think I am going to put the next bit of money into fixing my bumper :x

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Talked to Jesse today about getting a custom intercooler pipe kit made for Big Blue, he said he might be able to get some pictures of them making it so I can upload them here for you all to see! I will also post pictures of me putting them on with before and after pictures! Stay tuned.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Parts arrived from Cherokee Ford.

New down pipe clamp

New wire holder on top thingamujig.

Old one was dry-rotted.

Not bad for Ford.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts