Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night i was with a buddy of mine and we were out riding around and he decided that he wanted to go through the creek (creek crosses over the road and it rained night before last so ofcorase it was way up) so we get there and i already knew it was a bad idea but he mashes on it in 4x4 and it slows us almost to a stop and then we were putting along with the headlights under water and water roaling up on the hood, we start going up the side that starts going up and the water gets bout level with the top of the bumper and just starts loseing power and dies. so first thing he tries to do was atart it back and it just turns over once and clicks like batt. is dead. he keeps trying and it finally starts and before it gets in gear it dies
so we call another buddy to come pull us out and we got it out. air box had water in it, air filter was soaked. oil looked good
it starts and runs and we drive it home. get to my house, drain the oil and put new in
and he left at 7 this mornin
to me it dont sound rite. it is straight piped and it kinda has a lil pop to it in the exhaust and roals the white smoke, ideling or running
what should we do to it
01 7.3 f250

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
you shouldnt drive through water that deep....

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried to say something
tried to get him not to drive it home after it had been flooded out

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
well, i guess i would let him figure it out.. he was dumb enough to drive it through deep water, he should be smart enough to fix it..

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true but he is one of my good buddys and i would like to help him best i can hause he has helped me alot

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
then i guess i would have him do a new air filter, change the oil and filter for a start.. let it dry out.... check all his wiring...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you recon the water that got in the intake caused the excessive white smoke and the sound?
also if it dries up good should it be back to normal?

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Back to normal"... probably not. I build / run jeeps and have found that water is the single most destructive element found in nature. I would rather run in 4 foot of mud than 18 inches of water. Water just has a way of getting into every possible connection, opening, etc... and even when it dries, it never really dries.

Good luck.

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
trade it in before it his wallet goes empty haha... I went in water that deep but it never made it in the air box.

I let it sit for a couple days and then turned over, changed all fluids, and thats all you really can do i guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts