Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday I received my spe hot x tune for my 2013 6.7 powerstroke. I know that these transmissions can hold 600 hp for a long time! And this tune doesn’t even make 520 hp. My transmission is gone after 1 week. 1 week. 200 miles on this tune. 93k miles on the truck. I emailed them about it. And they said “we have not quite heard a complaint like yours” bs I’ve been researching and looking online. And I have seen multiple threads of people with this same issue. Beware. There trans tuning will destroy it, in nothing flat.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
MODERATED = NO NAME CALLING OR USING SYMBOLS TO SKIRT THE PROFANITY CHECKER last warning

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$I joined to let people know about the trans tuning. And the fact they don’t stand behind it and say that there is a bug in there trans tuning! I know there is a chance of damaging a transmission. But these transmission are built to hold over 600 hp. I guess you wouldn’t know broke /////////////.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Last Monday I received my spe hot x tune for my 2013 6.7 powerstroke. I know that these transmissions can hold 600 hp for a long time! And this tune doesn’t even make 520 hp. My transmission is gone after 1 week. 1 week. 200 miles on this tune. 93k miles on the truck. I emailed them about it. And they said “we have not quite heard a complaint like yours” bs I’ve been researching and looking online. And I have seen multiple threads of people with this same issue. Beware. There trans tuning will destroy it, in nothing flat.
Did you let the transmission re learn correctly?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Yes. I let the transmission relearn. He sent instructions. 0-80 mph 25% throttle 0-80% 50% throttle and 0-80 100% throttle and come to a complete stop after each pull. Then it says it’s dialed in. That is a very good article on the transmission. I will use this when breaking in my new transmission. Maybe he should include that wise information with the tunes! I have nothing against the engine tune. It is great! It’s the trans tune that burnt it up.

I drove my 600hp lml around, beat the ever living day lights out of it for 2 years. Trans never slipped. 🏽

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would think if you blew your trans in one week over a bad trans tune. On that very first start and pull you'd notice something wasn't right, I call BS on this, something doesn't add up in a week

·
Vendor
12,762 Posts
@Devinderry

Are you sure the trans is trashed? Put your old tune back on to be sure.

The guy who does all of our 6.7 tuning has been spot on with all our customers, and there isn't any relearn instructions either. Load the tune and go drive it.

If you do need a trans, let me know as I have a couple of the best Ford trans builders we carry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a picture of my burnt oil in the trans. New trans is going in now. At Chicagoland diesel I’ll attach the pictures so you don’t call bull. Thanks I’m not a liar. 🏽

Like I have said. I’m not here to smash spe. Don’t get me wrong, I asked for a hot tune. But these 11-14 trucks turbo and factory cp4 won’t even make enough horsepower to blow the trans. So it’s the tune. Case closed.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes right now. Do you want to FaceTime me? Lol. I’m here at Chicagoland diesel in Alsip, Illinois. Currently sitting outside the shop waiting on it! If you have anymore questions or that I’d be glad to give you my cell number. Been here since 1 pm it is currently 7:23 and they are just putting the driveshafts back in. And getting everything ready to go.

·
Registered
481 Posts
So, you get a tune, blow up your trans, and get another trans And you had the ability to prove it was the tune. All this in this short amount of time.

Dude your either leaving something out or your that bad a$$.

No dog in this hunt, keep kicken a$$ my man, be nice if your able to complete this whole issue up and post the findings for me and others on how to avoid or at the least understand the warning signs before our 6.7 trans go. Need some detail on how--- when ya get the chance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are warning signs. But unfortunately for me I didn’t know it was the trans. I just installed traction bars on the truck as well. And I kept hearing this sound when it shifted and I thought it was the traction bars loose. Well it wasn’t. It was the trans. So if you hear a belt squeaking sound when your trans is shifting. Know that your trans is hurt. And like I said man, I am not a liar. Research 6.7 trans problem. There is a guy who only had 26k on his 6.7 and same thing happened to his trans. The video is on YouTube. I’ll attach link. https://youtu.be/alb1Jcrt8-Q
This is the same thing my trans did. And spe said they never had any complaints. Which is a lie because they commented on the post. Not on YouTube I don’t believe. But on a diesel forum.

You can’t tell me this is a Coincidence. Guy only has 23k on his truck. 4th gear gone just like mine was. It did this exact thing! Read the comments. It’s spe tuned. I’ll try to find post on forum of spe replying to him.

Oh here’s another guy that had his trans go after 1k miles. The proof is on the table. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-performance-parts-discussion-2011-2016/729145-spe-hot-tune-trans-tune-installed-mini.html?amp=1

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,762 Posts
I have a picture of my burnt oil in the trans. New trans is going in now. At Chicagoland diesel I’ll attach the pictures so you don’t call bull. Thanks I’m not a liar. 🏽
I wasnt calling you a liar, I just wanted you to be 100% and load the stock tune back on the truck. Some quirky things have happened over the 10yrs I have been wrenching on Powerstrokes and sometimes something very simple will fix it, or at least get you by. Hopefully the mechanic isn't sticking it to you either as there are plenty of parts cannon mechanics too. The 6R140 is a very stout trans from the factory.

Next time before you buy any tuning, just come here first and ask for advice. Especially when it comes to these newer trucks and save yourself a potential huge headache.

No need to get defensive with me, I'm just trying to help. Stick around for awhile on here and you'll be able to see the ones that like to stir the pot, and those who are genuine. And you'll get that on any forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry. That reply was not pointed towards you at all! It was to the other guy. My apologies. And yes I switched back to the h&s tune to see if that was the problem and it was still screwed up. No this mechanic isn’t lying to me. There was clutch shavings on the dipstick.

·
Super Moderator
28,718 Posts
IME
that belt screech sound is the death call of a torque converter

did your mechanic change out any coolers ?

on the previous years, it was mandatory to replace the air to oil cooler and do a bidirectional flush on the coolant to oil cooler and lines

not sure what the 6.7 mandates cooler wise when a trans dies but assume it's pretty much the same

what that 6R cost you ?

I would imagine it would have to be line pressures that were off?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts