Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing the smoked look on my truck, and wanted to find out how to smoke the headlights and taillights? I can get the mirror lenses the 3rd brake lamp and the markers online, but I really dont want to pay for brand new lights up front and in back. Is there a film, or tint of some sort that is legal?
thanks.

-BG06.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I am planning on doing the smoked look on my truck, and wanted to find out how to smoke the headlights and taillights? I can get the mirror lenses the 3rd brake lamp and the markers online, but I really dont want to pay for brand new lights up front and in back. Is there a film, or tint of some sort that is legal?
thanks.

-BG06.
I dont think any of it is legal on the tail lights or head lights. I bought some smoke lens spray from Raul, and it worked pretty good here are some pics. they have kinda lost their shine after a few months. Im going to try clear coating them and see what it looks like

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I used model tint and clear coat on my 01. Looks good I think.

Old pic....all the decals are gone, except for the tailgate.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I got mine from Rich(unbroken). Said he used black auto paint or somethin'.

here is the link to the thread with more info:
CLICK HERE FOR LINK

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Yes, Rich's were done using a black/clear mix, then cleared.
I saw them when his truck was still running, looked really good a little darker than mine.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I saw them when his truck was still running, looked really good a little darker than mine.
Now they're out here in sunny california. lol They look real good though I always notice them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts