Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know a lot. But I know the basics. That might be a good start for me here in Greenville.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know a lot. But I know the basics. That might be a good start for me here in Greenville.
There you go! I have talked with a shop in Easley but have not used them yet. I do plan to give 'em a test. :nod:

I don't think I have ever "talked" with you. We'd love to have you in the CPA.

FI, eh? I am the architect that produced the design for FI's fire department HQ expansion and the new sub-station. I like working with FI. Nice bunch of folks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been on a couple other forums lately. So that's probably why we haven't talked.
As far as shops, the only thing I've heard around here is the dealer. I here they have a great tech at Fairway on Laurens rd. Either the tech or his service writer's name is Morty or something. I haven't heard about any independent shops for diesels though.
I had my friend at Dacusville transmission rebuild my trans and haven't had any problems. And I have done all of the other work. I get enough info off of mainly these forums and at work so I can learn to do it myself. I hate spending money on stuff I might be able to do.
I'm always riding by FIFD. I live near there and my dad works at Burdette hardware. Its actually his van but I keep it up and drive it a lot myself.
Its great here in FI. Everyone seems to be nice. Of course there are bad areas, but that's anywhere you go and its not as bad as some places.
Can I get some more info on CPA?
Nick

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
106 Posts
What has everyone's experience been with having their Powerstrokes serviced in the Upstate? Who's the best with 7.3 powerstrokes?
OH YEAH! I forgot. You need to check out Amazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson if you haven't heard of them already. amazonracing.com Rick is one of the smartest people I know around here. He did an 03 cobra for me a couple years ago and the thing ran great. He has done trucks too but I can't find anyone around here who has done one. I know a coulpe of people that have had there mustangs, lightnings, and harley F150s done by him. He also knows some people at Ford Motor Company and is very nice and will sit there and talk to you for a while. I was expecting him to tell me he had work to do and for me to go away but he seem ed to enjoy talking about his work.

He also has a dyno so maybe a dyno day would be good too.

Nick

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
i heard diesel power on white horse rd does good work but they are kinda pricy.... i havnt had any work done by them so i can verify that thought. i couldnt find a reasonably priced mechanic when i needed to do my injectors so me and my friend mike who runs a small car lot/ auto repair shop ended up putting them in... oh and nick your right Rick is a great guy and really good with tuning!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
i heard diesel power on white horse rd does good work but they are kinda pricy.... i havnt had any work done by them so i can verify that thought. i couldnt find a reasonably priced mechanic when i needed to do my injectors so me and my friend mike who runs a small car lot/ auto repair shop ended up putting them in... oh and nick your right Rick is a great guy and really good with tuning!!!
Do you have any of his tunes?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
no, i have had some friends that had their cars tuned by him, and i have talked to him a few times at local mustang gatherings and what not and he just seemed like a really down to earth guy who knew his stuff

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's like me. I had an 03 cobra that he tuned and it was great. He is one of the smartest guys in the area as far as the gas engines go. I would like to see what he can do with a powerstroke though before I pay the money for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rick has tuned 10 of the 11 03/04 Cobra's I've owned. 2 Mach 1's, 2 Lightnings, a harley truck, and my F-450 powerstroke (rollback) that I own. The rollback had over 150,000 hard miles on it before Rick tuned it. It takes off like a rocket now, and it improved my fuel mileage some! I wouldn't trust anyone else!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's my situation. He tuned an 03 Cobra for me and it was great. I think he is one of the smartest people around for the gassers. I would like to see some of his tuned powerstrokes before I pay for my own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Steves Auto

When I got my truck, it had a few issues that needed to be corrected. Steve is a good all around mechanic, and is very good on the diesels. He is located on hwy 93 in Easley SC:thumb:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I got my truck, it had a few issues that needed to be corrected. Steve is a good all around mechanic, and is very good on the diesels. He is located on hwy 93 in Easley SC:thumb:
I've used Steve for gassers - never diesels but really have never had a problem (other than tranny) that I could do myself in the driveway. Good ol' 7.3!

I plan to use Kevin Nalley (864-859-0305) here in Easley if I ever need a mechanic! :woot:

Madmax? Where you from? Check out the CPA on here. Bunch of great guys! http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/carolina-powerstroke-association/48643-cpa-chat-thread.html

I live in northern Pickens Co. above Aunt Sue's. I have an office in Easley - Architectural Design Center - Old Swirl Building on 93 (E. Main St.)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just found a new shop in Easley and the are great. The diesel tech came from Ford dealer, but prices are much better! KBR Auto & Diesel Repair 864-644-8600
Thanks for the info. My office is just down the road from there. I may stop in and introduce myself. I have a habit of getting to know local talent before I need it. What's your story?

We would love to have you check out the CPA (Carolina Powerstroke Association). Here's a link to our crazy huge chat thread. Join us! I'm Hank, the old man. Architect in Easley.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/carolina-powerstroke-association/48643-cpa-chat-thread.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts