Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to delete my 2018. Haven’t had a deleted pickup since my 2011 with mini maxx. Wondering what the best programmer and who’s tunes to get. Seems like a lot of people like the ez LYNK. Would also be nice to run gauges like the old mini maxx. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with the EZ Lynk and GDP tunes on my 2019 DRW. I installed everything yesterday and it went smooth. Truck runs sooo good now! I went from 12.5 mpg to 15 so far. I'm running the 0-200 tune with the 5 position GDP SOTF.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Getting ready to delete my 2018. Haven’t had a deleted pickup since my 2011 with mini maxx. Wondering what the best programmer and who’s tunes to get. Seems like a lot of people like the ez LYNK. Would also be nice to run gauges like the old mini maxx. Thanks for the input.
I’ve got 4,000 miles on mine deleted with psg tunes they have trans tuning at every power level shifts really smooth at low acceleration and mild acceleration at full throttle shifts very firm trans runs cooler than stock along with the engine so far no problems and I have been running it on the max tune today I turned it all the way down to see how it feels. As far as blowing smoke it doesn’t unless I want it to.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F-250 6.7 Lariat
247 Posts
If you do some research you'll find what you need. No one here is really going to mention anything because of the EPA. The best tuner platform is ez lynk though.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
If you do some research you'll find what you need. No one here is really going to mention anything because of the EPA. The best tuner platform is ez lynk though.
Huh? Two people have already posted recommendations. I have had experience with a couple tuners and ez lynk with GDP is the way to go

·
Registered
79 Posts
Second, third the EZ Lynk and GDP. GDP has a good reputation for good reason. They actually pick up the phone and speak with you when you call. They know the product and what they're talking about. Rare and refreshing in today's world.. There going to have intact and deleted tunes if you want. Personally, I wouldn't bother spending that kind of $$ for "intact" tunes. Truck has great power right off the shelf. BTW, my truck shifts nicely!! I've read so many horror stories of wasted transmissions because of bad aftermarket tuning.. Not the case with GDP. These trucks are expensive, not worth major damage because you picked the wrong tuner/tunes. That said, I haven't thrown on 40" + tires and drag raced light to light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm running EZ Lynk w/GDP tunes for about 15,000 miles now. Super easy to hook up/install. Mileage went from 11.6 to 13.3 last time I looked. GDP sends out updates on the regular, which tells me they are constantly working on improving their product. Zero complaints from me thus far.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I can help anyone interested, PM Me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with the EZ Lynk and GDP tunes on my 2019 DRW. I installed everything yesterday and it went smooth. Truck runs sooo good now! I went from 12.5 mpg to 15 so far. I'm running the 0-200 tune with the 5 position GDP SOTF.
Thats what my 18 had when i test drove it, then it went back to stock and now im trying to get the same setup. When getting from them do i order from that ca. site? Im new to this but from the research ive done some guys were making it seem like now its nearly impossible to get. Only thing i still have is the sotf switch and it has their name so thats how i knew it was ther work

·
Registered
87 Posts
Im running the ezlynk and proven diesel unlimited support pack with sotf. They have lots of options to choose from with ecm and tcm tuning and send updates pretty regular. I’ve chatted with them a lot over the phone and thru the ezlynk. They always pick up the phone and text right back.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I use Proven

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
@wreedPS are you a registered vendor?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been doing some research lately, looking for which tunes to get. I've crossed out ppei and I think tyrant because I can't find them being sold right now with great customer. Leaning towards proven Diesel- because GDP seems to be fading away some sort. Do I have anything to worry about with proven?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
No Proven is awesome company. Great tunes, and customer service.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been doing some research lately, looking for which tunes to get. I've crossed out ppei and I think tyrant because I can't find them being sold right now with great customer. Leaning towards proven Diesel- because GDP seems to be fading away some sort. Do I have anything to worry about with proven?
Can’t go wrong there man. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have GDP and I get frequent updates from them. PDI is located about an hour and a half away from me. My local shop uses them quite a bit as pricing is in Canadian dollars so it makes it cheaper for us to buy versus buying from a tuner in the US. Flo Pro is also manufactured in Canada.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts