Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best programmer tuner for a 99 i just purchased? i heard sct is the best but it only adds 110 hp i want a little more than that...not a fan of edge...any suggestions???...thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who makes the dp tuner??

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Please!!!!!!!!! Not another " Best ", post!! There is no "Best" of any mod! What one person feels is Best another will say it is junk. Do your homework and read, read and read some more. Educate yourself and then make the choice that is best for you and your needs. Just because I say brand X is the best doesn't mean you will like it!!! Many times what you hear claimed as being the best is something some dude just spent three paychecks on. The two most popular are DP ( Jody) and TW (Tony). Make sure you perform the supporting mods first, before you go throwing a chip or tune at a stock powertrain. If you don't know what these are, read, read, read, educate yourself, and just in case you don't they are, gauges ( do these first before anything, pyro, trans, and boost) , intake and exhaust ( you must have more airflow or you will have problems with EGT's) next is to support the auto trans with a tuned valvebody ( FTVB, BTS, or JW) no quicker way to kill a stock 4R100 than to add a tuner or chip to a stock trans. Only after these should you be adding more ponies. If you have any ? feel free to PM me, but please no more "I want the Best" Posts!! lol!!

NCH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts