Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got a 2010 Super Duty with the 6.4 and it is a sweet truck! Can't wait to get a tuner and do the DPF delete!:thumb:

What is the best option? Is the spartan almost a must have over the other options? Does the monitor have to be in the truck with the Spartan? Who is the best online dealer for support and cost? Does anyone sell a DPF delete pipe and the Spartan as a package?

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
We can get you setup with one of our packages! You can check out our website for pricing or give us a call when you are ready to order. There are also plenty of dealers on here that carry our tuner and can get you set up with a nice package deal.

As for an intake, I say go with the AFE Stage II intake. The exhaust is up to you and what you want. There are quite a few great options out there to choose from. Let me know if I can help out with anything!

Reactions: mohead1

·
Registered
191 Posts
What advantages the spartan has over the h&s?...if any.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We can get you setup with one of our packages! You can check out our website for pricing or give us a call when you are ready to order. There are also plenty of dealers on here that carry our tuner and can get you set up with a nice package deal.

As for an intake, I say go with the AFE Stage II intake. The exhaust is up to you and what you want. There are quite a few great options out there to choose from. Let me know if I can help out with anything!
Does the screen always have to be hooked up or can you just install the tune and then remove it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
What advantages the spartan has over the h&s?...if any.
13 tunes out of the box with the BASIC tuning license. 4 DPF on tunes and 9 DPF delete tunes up to the 250 horsepower race tune. We also offer 275, 310, and 350 horsepower race tunes for additional costs. There is also a "tow performance" 210 tune as well that is provided with the basic tuning license. Our tuner is also a high resolution touch screen unit that is GPS capable. Not to mention our tuner is $50 cheaper :thumb:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Like stated above, the tuner does not have to be plugged in at all times. It is recommended to be used for gauges while towing for using the truck for any kind of competition use, but if your just driving around town or doing any kind of unstressful driving it is not needed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can't say anything about how other tuners drive but i've heard good things about h&s because of the shift of the fly and not having to plug the sensors into the pipe but i love my spartan i use the reg 210 tune and love it! the shifts are very smooth and my engine runs cooler with the 210 tune than stock, and i'd recommend going through rudy's they did a great job of taking care of me! either way congrats on the new truck enjoy!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
X2 on Rudy's Diesel Performance about getting parts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
As posted above, keep in mind with the H&S tuners you don't need to remove/re-install any sensors in the exhaust. With all the people we have talked to, I would say that 75% or more of them break at least one sensor when trying to remove them. The time it takes to remove/re-install coupled with the cost when you break one easily offsets a $50 dollar price difference. We also offer the Mini Maxx tuner which comes in at a great price point, and offers all the same features. Any questions you have don't hesitate to ask.

Casey

·
Registered
723 Posts
As posted above, keep in mind with the H&S tuners you don't need to remove/re-install any sensors in the exhaust. With all the people we have talked to, I would say that 75% or more of them break at least one sensor when trying to remove them. The time it takes to remove/re-install coupled with the cost when you break one easily offsets a $50 dollar price difference. We also offer the Mini Maxx tuner which comes in at a great price point, and offers all the same features. Any questions you have don't hesitate to ask.

Casey
Can the FORD TECH detect if some one used your tuner

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't believe any tuner is completely undetectable. It all depends on how far Ford wants to dig.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't believe any tuner is completely undetectable. It all depends on how far Ford wants to dig.
What do you suppose would make them want to dig? Also, why do dealers who are reimbursed by Ford for repairs under warranty always try to deny coverage?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Scorched pistons, soot in the tail pipe, etc. They deny coverage to save their own @ss's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Call Aaron at rudys and purchase a spartan tuner but get it with kem tunes.
I would suggest against spartan tunes. kem use to write spartan tunes.
In my opinion they are much better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts