Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered the XRT-Pro kit with s&b CAI and dpf/cat delete pipe from PTP. Mainly for reliability issues and hopefully better mileage not to build a race truck.

What would be the best tune to run when Im plowing snow or occasionally pulling a trailer?

Also as far as the tranny tunes same question for plowing and also for general driving which is closest to stock?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Usually people try to keep it at a setting close to stock hp values for towing so I would think plowing would be the same. I use the hot damm tunes on no power setting for towing and I use the hot setting for daily driving. I use the s1m trans tune. The s1 trans tunes lock the tc in 4 and 5 so this helps keep the tranny temps down I have found. S2 trans tunes only lock the tc in 5 and I found towing with the s2 tunes it cause the transmission to heat up quickly. I have read however that the s2m is the most stock feeling shifting.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's hard to get traction plowing with the hot damn 300 tune, ask me how I know :scuffy.

Lol, for towing and plowing I usually run it on no power or mild.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have to relearn the trans from going to mild to no power

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think on the xrt you would have to because it isn't adjust on the fly.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well you dont have to do the relearn. It is just recommended to do so because they say it speeds up the relearn.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
yeah im not 100% familiar with the xrt pro but since they are saying it isnt shift on the fly u actually have to retune the truck which u should do the relearn. what i would do is just retune it and leave it on mild all winter. that way u have it turned down but plenty of power to tow, and push snow.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
yeah im not 100% familiar with the xrt pro but since they are saying it isnt shift on the fly u actually have to retune the truck which u should do the relearn. what i would do is just retune it and leave it on mild all winter. that way u have it turned down but plenty of power to tow, and push snow.
I agree. Load up the "mild" tunes and the mild setting and you should be good to go. Also I'd load up the s1m trans tune.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. I wasn't planing on running anything besides the mild. Just didn't knowing it would e to hard on the trans towing or plowing.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah. I wasn't planing on running anything besides the mild. Just didn't knowing it would e to hard on the trans towing or plowing.
As long as you keep the otherwise adjustable settings on the no power or mild setting you should be fine. In the mild tunes the no power setting is exactly that and the mild setting is 50hp I believe. In the hot damm tunes the no power setting is actually 50 hp and the mild is 125. Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts