Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best overall mud/aggressive at tire out there. Also what is the longest lasting ones?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I like my toyos mud terrain. Ive got about 25k miles on them and look like close to 50% left. Kind of loud on highyway just have to be on top of rotating them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love my Toyo MT tires. Very aggressive with
Plenty of traction but not too loud, the diesel truck makes more noise than the tire. If that is too aggressive for you the Nitto trail grapler is a good traction and long lasting AT.

Sent from my XT897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
741 Posts
I really like my cooper s/t maxx tires. Great traction on and off road and not too much road noise

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've had toyos and now trail grapplers on my current truck and I think the toyo mts were quieter.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well I can tell you what NOT to get, BFG mud terrains, I had a set a few years ago on a 90 k1500 Chevy and they lasted about 15K and I drove on gravel roads alot back then.

Im loving my Toyo open country A/T's, I have about 8K on them and they are wearing great!

We have also had good luck with Mickey Thompson MTZ on my fathers 01 ram 2500 V10, they have about 15K with about 3/4 tread left, but they spend alot of time on gravel and dirt roads so I'm sure they would be wearing faster it spent more time on asphalt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Toyo MT's or Nitto Trail grappler. I think my Toyos are gonna last longer.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I love my toyos! seem to be wearing great so far and not an unbearable amount of road noise. :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just replaced my toyo mt's with 63k on them with about 50% highway/ 50% gravel roads. Ran 35's on my dually with a gooseneck averaging around 20k lbs behind it 75% of the time and got about 40k on each of the three sets I had on that. I keep telling myself I am going to try a different tire but can't get myself to switch when I'm spending $2000 for tires.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
BFG all terrains.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
253 Posts
I like the pro comp extreme a/t's. Think they look great and they last a pretty good while. Hell I think they come with a 40,000 treadwear warranty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I can tell you what NOT to get, BFG mud terrains, I had a set a few years ago on a 90 k1500 Chevy and they lasted about 15K and I drove on gravel roads alot back then.

Im loving my Toyo open country A/T's, I have about 8K on them and they are wearing great!

We have also had good luck with Mickey Thompson MTZ on my fathers 01 ram 2500 V10, they have about 15K with about 3/4 tread left, but they spend alot of time on gravel and dirt roads so I'm sure they would be wearing faster it spent more time on asphalt.
I just put TOYO Open Country ATs on my 06 F250 with 20" rims. I'm Loving them, good in the dry and wet,virtually no road noise. Will find out how they do in the snow in a couple of months I imagine.

Glad to hear yours are wearing great, I hope for the same.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Toyo open country A/T's on my F150
Toyo open country M/T's on my F250

Wouldn't have it any other way!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts