Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new exhaust. The current system is unknown. Sounds great, but is very poorly constructed. No emissions here and I want somethinmg that that really sounds good when the coal is poured to it. But the most important thing is NO rattles. Thanks for the input.
Matt

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Run just a straight pipe with no cat.Its the cheapest, and will sound the most aggressive.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
^^^ I second that. I decided to go with a muffler because I had to tone down the 2003 turbo whistle. Its just a straight through muffler though. Same sound as straight pipe just a bit quieter lol. I went with the silver line kit and it fits pretty well.

·
Cowgirl forever!!!
3,338 Posts
Anyone have the mbrp exhurst just wondering how they sound on the 6.0l

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 4" Diamond Eye turbo-back system on my truck, it sounds very good. Had a few problems with the install, but it has held up so far. I helped a friend install the turbo-back MBRP system on his; sounded good and had very good fitment with the clamps, hangers, etc.

·
Cowgirl forever!!!
3,338 Posts
thanks for all the infor

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have the MBRP now and it is junk. Very poor quality in my opinion. The connection at the turbo is very poor.

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Have the MBRP now and it is junk. Very poor quality in my opinion. The connection at the turbo is very poor.
I don't wanna here that :/

Wait you said yours was unknown?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have mbrp 5" turbo back and the thing sounds sweet! Plus the powermax turbo really sounds like a jet. Fits great and good for the price.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
^^^ I second that. I decided to go with a muffler because I had to tone down the 2003 turbo whistle. Its just a straight through muffler though. Same sound as straight pipe just a bit quieter lol. I went with the silver line kit and it fits pretty well.

you could always run straight pipe and trade me your 03 turbo for my quieter 05. LOL

I have 4 inch MBRP no cat or muffler and I love it. no rattles, great sound, easy installation and good materials. I think mine was 250 shipped to my front door. I recommend it

·
Registered
205 Posts
A straight pipe is a straight pipe. Doesn't matter who makes it aside from quality and size.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Im happy with my 5" straight pipe diamond eye kit. Fit nicely except for one pipe that got dented a little bit during shipping but thats not diamond eyes fault. Its really not loud unless you get on it but when you do get on it this sucker sounds pretty mean!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Pretty happy with my silverline. Quiet enough to tow long distance with w/o any drone. I like how it has a stock-ish exit. The 2 piece downpipe make install alone much easier. Though i would use a strap clamp on the DP vs the cheap C clamp included. The rear hanger isnt the best, i had the rear sections welded so they stayed put. Was mid 300's from XDP + around 65 got a a tip.

Jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm running mbrp SS turbo back the fit is good and tight and all the hangers aligned correctly. It sounds good and its quite in my excursion. then again I'm half deaf and no one else has rode with me since i installed it a couple months ago.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
you could always run straight pipe and trade me your 03 turbo for my quieter 05. LOL

I have 4 inch MBRP no cat or muffler and I love it. no rattles, great sound, easy installation and good materials. I think mine was 250 shipped to my front door. I recommend it
Just because I had to quiet it down doesn't mean I don't love it :evilol:

I wish I could go straight pipe but I do t have money to spend on a delete pipe, and I highly doubt I could even get the muffler out. The clamps kinda smash everything together.

My RAZR made me send this...

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I run a 4" MBRP turbo back with a cat delete pipe. The fit was great and I had no issues with the down pipe or it's connection to the turbo. I have had my delete pipe out and the factory cat back in several times now with no issues.

The only thing I changed is, I used stainless band clamps from Napa at the joints and then used the ubolt hangers where I needed them only to hang the exhaust. They make swapping the delete pipe and cat way easier.

There is an exhaust sound thread on here where many people have posted video of their different exhausts and specs.

Dik

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Uh oh, should I be worried about the 3 turbo and straight pipe or is it just more of a hair dryer

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am running a magnaflow SS 4" with cat delete and 3.5" down pipe. This is on a excursion but sounds great!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Im happy with my 5" straight pipe diamond eye kit. Fit nicely except for one pipe that got dented a little bit during shipping but thats not diamond eyes fault. Its really not loud unless you get on it but when you do get on it this sucker sounds pretty mean!
I second this, just put mine diamond eye 5" on sunday and love it. It has an awesome rumble at lower rpms and is super loud when you get on it. Only thing that took a bit was the downpipe, it was hitting the insulation on the firewall. A little persuasion with 2x4 and a mallet fixed hat real quick. Diamond eye is also cheaper either 4 or 5 inch :thumb:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts