Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is who is running the DPF and DOC delete pipe into the fake factory flow through muffler? I am looking for a good sound and am afraid if I take the cat off it will sound like a jet..Will I need to put a flow through muffler where the factory fake one is now? I dont mind the looks of the tailpipe and have heard the MBRP and etc are just better looking pipes. If it wont change my sound Id say its a waste. Need help with this!!!! I know she will blow a little smoke as I have the 210 tune but dont want to remove the cat and seem like I am driving a jet. Thanks for the help!:dunno:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Its raining here or I would call you and let you hear it thru the phone at idle and when mashed.

I dont think it sounds bad at all....I have the cat/dpf delete pipe, 4", and 4" no muffler RBP exhaust....sounds different than most at idle, but I think thats cause of the variable vane turbo.

·
Registered
589 Posts
well i do have some bad news. although my truck sounds awesom the only problem is that it only sounds that way to me INSIDE the cab. iwent thru my little town with buildings real close to the truck and floored it and umm a jet could have landed on the road and it would have sounded the same. georgec found a muffler you can cut in if you like. it dont bother me it sounds like its breathing very healthy goin down the road and when you stand on it she gets a deeper more aggresive v8 growl to it

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I agree with nordberg.....with the windows down, and riding past buildings or cars on the passenger side...you can hear the exhaust bouncing off, and it is a slight jet sound.

BUT, I have yet to have someone tell me it sounds, weird, or bad.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sound

Has anyone designed a DPF and DOC delete pipe but added a say...flowmaster or magnaflow muffler that is set up like a flow through muffler all in one long pipe. Seems if we all could find a awesome DPF/DOC with a great sounding muffler it would be a Homerun!:dunno:

·
Registered
589 Posts
im not changing mine, well i'm going to have to pick a tailpipe out soon before the stock one is beyond saving ( i think my dpf is cracked my tailpipe is awfully black) but i like the sound. i guess the best way to do this is have the old lady run it past the house so i can get another perspective on it?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Has anyone designed a DPF and DOC delete pipe but added a say...flowmaster or magnaflow muffler that is set up like a flow through muffler all in one long pipe. Seems if we all could find a awesome DPF/DOC with a great sounding muffler it would be a Homerun!:dunno:
georgec found a i beleive it was a mbrp cut in muffler that he likes. pm him or maybe he'll throw his 2 cents in. hes the only one i know with a cut in muffler:thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
i run the cat/dpf delete pipe with the magnaflow dual exhaust (muffler delete), and inside the cab, even with the windows down, it sounds quiet to me. i wish it has more sound. in no way do i think it is "too loud". like other people have said, at an idle all you hear is rushing air, then when you tromp on it, it sounds like a deep throaty sound. i have yet to be in close quarters to hear it bounce off other objects.

are you concerned about the sound you will hear in the cab, or the sound other motorists hear? if its in the cab noise, i thought it was too quiet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
just put the muffler of your choice in place of the "muffler delete" pipe in your dpf back exhaust. it shoud be an easy thing for you or your local muffler shop to do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also added the MBRP Dual outlet muffler to my truck. It still has a very nice sound, just not as much of the air noise at the tail pipe at idle. You can faintly hear the turbos when the truck is at idle. Compared to my previous 6.0, it is much quieter at idle and hard acceleration.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I think I might try the AFE. It comes with a reversible muffler (1 way for sound and the other for performance). That way I have 2 options for sound with the same system.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My system is a DOC/DPF delete pipe from Sean, hooked into an MBRP filter back dual exhaust.
I though it was the worst sounding truck on planet Earth.
I found an MBRP T-304 stainless muffler with the "Y" pipe outlets already welded on. I tossed my "Y" pipe, cut enough pipe out to fit the muffler and the muffler's "Y" pipe into my tail pipes. It fits perfectly.
The result is perfection. The raspy air sound is totally gone. It's very quiet compared to other single turbo trucks with simular exhaust, but the sound is deep. When you stomp on it? It's pretty damn good....
Now sound is subjective, so you have to take my word on it.

I'll try and shoot a vid tonight, but take my word for it, all of the fuss is worth it.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I am sure they make that same muffler in a single in and out.....since I refuse to run ******* duals on mine............LOL

·
Registered
589 Posts
My system is a DOC/DPF delete pipe from Sean, hooked into an MBRP filter back dual exhaust.
I though it was the worst sounding truck on planet Earth.
I found an MBRP T-304 stainless muffler with the "Y" pipe outlets already welded on. I tossed my "Y" pipe, cut enough pipe out to fit the muffler and the muffler's "Y" pipe into my tail pipes. It fits perfectly.
The result is perfection. The raspy air sound is totally gone. It's very quiet compared to other single turbo trucks with simular exhaust, but the sound is deep. When you stomp on it? It's pretty damn good....
Now sound is subjective, so you have to take my word on it.

I'll try and shoot a vid tonight, but take my word for it, all of the fuss is worth it.

can you do a donut in the video....please. these take off videos and rev it up videos would be nowhere near as cool that. plus it would give the ability to hear your truck at every angle:hehe:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Thats sounds WAY different.....does not seem to make any noise at all.

I will try to take a video of mine.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Here....got one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts