Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to clean up under the hood and was wondering what everyone uses??? I was thinking of using Simple Green, but will that work enough?? On my commuter Honda I used Super Clean, but I am not trying to eat pain and hoses.... On the Honda I did not care it is like fixing a lawn mower. :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Simple Green or Greased Lightning.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Gunk engine degreaser works good and will be rubber/electrical safe. You may still have to get a brush out and scrub a bit.

I have heard simple green isnt good to use because if I remember correctly it is corrosive to electrical components.

Todd

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I have been using purple power. Nothing but good results.

I dont have pictures of my 6.0 but it is perfectly spotless. Here are pictures of my 7.3 before and after.

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
Damn Galaxie, you really cleaned up that engine bay! Looks good man!

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is mine.
All I use is a little citrus cleaner about 2 times a year and then a engine spray.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I use purple power, works great!
I've never used purple power, i presume you get it at the local parts store? Napa, autozone, o-reilly's??

--I've used simple green with pretty decent results. A good soaking pre-start, then drive to car wash where i dose engine bay with another round, then wash off with sprayer carefully. Works pretty well, not sure if getting it on there and then warming motor up does anything more than right before washing it or not......

·
Registered
328 Posts
At my work I use purple stuff. Works amazing. Very expensive... I guess that's why my work pays for it haha.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I've never used purple power, i presume you get it at the local parts store? Napa, autozone, o-reilly's??

--I've used simple green with pretty decent results. A good soaking pre-start, then drive to car wash where i dose engine bay with another round, then wash off with sprayer carefully. Works pretty well, not sure if getting it on there and then warming motor up does anything more than right before washing it or not......
Walmart, Costco, Home Depot ETC. DIRT Cheap. I think like $4.99 a gallon at Costco

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Engine Degrease

I think you can try this machine degreaser foaming spray
You can get information about this product through this website reviewgig by searching "home-n-garden/best-engine-degreaser-and-comparison"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts