Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is very sensitive to motion and gets motion sickness easily. The first time we went out in the camper she was not very happy. every time I moved the whole thing would rock and she was miserable. I tried the king pin tripod and that did little to help. I started looking for ways to make it more solid. I found a few places that made good kits, JT strong arms, plugitrite and BAL. All were expensive and I am a DIYer kind of guy. So I first tested my theory with some shelve bars I had sitting at work. Worked AWESOME! So off to tractor supply I went to get some angle iron and some C clamps. (lowes or home depot would work too) A total cost of about $42 bucks and now my 5er is very solid! O and you must use angle iron and not flat stock. The bars were about $13 each and the clamps were $4 each. Takes about 1 to 2 minutes to install and less to remove.

I might add a bar on the back scissor jacks at some point. Maybe maybe not, its pretty solid like this. I use the el cheap o plastic chocks

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
looks sturdy now !!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have scissors on the back and power jacks on the front. I thought about adding a few jacks on the frame in the middle but those jacks are expensive!

there are bars kits for the back also that make an x on the scissors but Mine are dropped about 8 inches because of the hitch on the back. this keeps them pretty wide and very stable.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Glad you found something that works. Clean it up, patent it and make a fortune!

·
Registered
175 Posts
My son (8 or 9 at the time) woke up one night and yelled across the camper "DAD THE CAMPER IS MOVING!!!". My wife and I quit what we were doing.:doh: We can't wait until the kids get their own camper and we can shake ours again.:dunno:

·
Registered
256 Posts
LOL!!!

I've seen those on other 5th wheels around. Might look into getting something like that myself!!

·
Land Yatch Driver
222 Posts
My son (8 or 9 at the time) woke up one night and yelled across the camper "DAD THE CAMPER IS MOVING!!!". My wife and I quit what we were doing.:doh: We can't wait until the kids get their own camper and we can shake ours again.:dunno:
That is some funny s**t!!!:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

:rofl::hehe::rofl::hehe::rofl:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Go to the wrecking yards and pick up jacks form them , about $10.00 a piece and weikd them up anywhere you want, Good luck

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I wish I could find a salvage yard around me that had RV's so I could get another set of jacks for mine. The best thing I have found is good wheel chocks, the BAL ones work the best, I also take a little weight off the tongue jack which helps, but I would still like to add another set of jack stands. If anyone has a salvage yard close to them that sells RV's and want to help me out I would appreciate it.
Thanks'
NCH

·
Registered
240 Posts
Most cars use the scissor type jack for emergency tire changes. Just get a couple of them and weld them on.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also added a brace to the back jacks and that helps even more!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Super Moderator
19,195 Posts
There is a company that makes something similar....

Welcome to JT's RV Accessories - Haven't used them myself, but I see them pop up a lot on the Trailer Life Directory Forums.

I bought this for the back of my 5th wheel - Works very well.
http://www.waynesrvstabilizer.com/

I also have a King Pin tri-pod, but don't use it every time.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep and they are about $350 for the JTs and $250 for the plugitright setup. My X cost me about $70 with the front and single back.

I will probably get the plugitright setup some day. I just needed something fast and cheap right away. If the 5er rocks too much my girl gets sick and no camping for me.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
kool mod, i'll pass, just one more thing to add to my setup time which cuts into the fun time. I don't care if it moves though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts