Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best Resonably Priced Water/Methanol Injection Kit

I have read a bit on the topic and now I am interested. I have to ask you seasoned tuners, is methanol injection a modification worth seriously considering for our OBS PSDs?

I see these kits can be fairly inexpensive, bump hp, lower EGTS and can be operated via an adjustable pressure switch. I like the idea but when I start to research which kit would be best for one of our trucks I get a bit confused by shear number of options available.

Is there a particular methanol injection kit that you would recommend for our trucks?

·
Banned
920 Posts
Snow performances kit i like it:thumb:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i got a AIS kit 400 shipped to my door its simple and works

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
How hard was it to install and about how much performance did you get? And how often do you have to fill it up?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, can someone link up what they consider a good deal on a kit they like? Snows makes a bunch of kits, but I am not sure which one to get and AIS is a brand I have never heard of at this point.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have been doing some research on AIS. definetly best bang for the buck. high quality pump and the whole kit looks very professional. looks around $350 with the big tank.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
AIS is out of columbus ohio i believe, its a simpple affortable kit nothing fancy, really good customer service when i had questions with intalling slight performance, it would effectivly drop egts 200 degrees well not proven but with test on my own its what i came up with

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does the water tank fit under the hood?

If so, where did you mount it?

I must say, it does look like a nice clean kit.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Move your batteries and mount it there

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have two batteries, which one is preferable to move?

Also, where then does one reloacate the battery that I had to move for installation of the water tank?

Does someone have a picture of the kit installed under the hood?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I'm saying move both I saw a guy who drag raced his a while back put 2 optima red tops in a small metal frame and had that mounted to the frame rail under the truck. Looked sweet, and his water meth kit was inbthe bed tho.

·
Banned
920 Posts
I have mine mounted on the frame below the bed with a "trap door" cut into the bed. This way it stays cool under the bed and its not a ***** to fill and it stays out of the way

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Got piks? That sounds like a pretty sweet spot, got a skid plate on it or anything to protect from debris?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts