Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 11 crew cab 350 last week. Looking to see your opinions on which rain guards to get? In channel, stick on? and which brand?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I was about to post the same question.

I picked up an 11 CCLB on saturday. And have always put rainguards (ventshade?) on my vehicles. Hope somebody chimes in soon, that has um on there truck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i use the in channel weathertech ones. I hate the stick on ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the in channel ones also they seem weird the first day you use them since they are
So tight rolling the windows up since you added thickness of the ventshades to the window channel but after a day in the sun everything stretches out and they work great.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
we have the in-channel ventshades on our hummer and dont really care for them. all of our trucks have the vent shade stick on ones that go on the outside. Never had an issue with any of them.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
I'm a fan of the exterior stick on type. I had the in channel ones and they were ok, but I always felt like I was over stressing the power window motors. As far as effectiveness, they all keep the water out the same. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm a fan of the exterior stick on type. I had the in channel ones and they were ok, but I always felt like I was over stressing the power window motors. As far as effectiveness, they all keep the water out the same. :thumb:
Ya, i just felt the in channel ones hung down further. like you said they both do the job.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I've had both...currently, I have the stick on ones and they're fine. I went with the ones I could get the fastest and cheapest.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I have AVS stick ons

·
Registered
110 Posts
AVS in-channels here... never been a fan of the stick-on type.

Nice to have choices. It'd be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
i have the in channel weathertech ones. somehow my passenger side has mysteriously disappeared. dont really like them because you can move them around with the windows down

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have the in channel weathertech ones. somehow my passenger side has mysteriously disappeared. dont really like them because you can move them around with the windows down
My weathertechs came with 3m tape in a couple places on mine when I got them. Have had them installed now for 5-6 years no issues. Might want to add some 3m tape to keep the others from being lost. No issues with the motion of the window fitting either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question for you guys with the ventshades, do they redirect the dew/water from draining right on top of the window controls?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't have the stick on but the in channel do reflect. I am sure the stick on do too. That's one of the points with them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have Putco in channel rain guards. They came with double sided 3M tape to help keep them in place. They work pretty well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a question for you guys with the ventshades, do they redirect the dew/water from draining right on top of the window controls?
Well, if you leave the windows all the way down, I think most will do that simply because there's usually wind associated with rainy conditions.

Most days at work, and even sitting in my driveway... I usually leave my windows cracked about ¼ or ⅓ of the way down during the hot summer season. Obviously, some days it rains... but other than a drop here & there caused by wind, I've never had water inside the cab with the vent shades installed.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I have AVS stick on`s install was easy and they work great

·
Registered
258 Posts
mine only came with 3m for the back windows
I would ad some to the fronts then. Mine had some 3M on each end and in the middle. 3M can be picked up at any parts store if you dont have any.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts