Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just signed up on here just sold my 1/2 ton and lookin for a 7.3. love the site, but i am wondering on what programmer to go with originally i was goin to go with edge juice with attitude then was goin to tony's flip chip thought bout sct and dp but just aint quite for sure yet. a good buddy of mine has a friend startin his own diesel shop and that guy knows tony really good and said with the wildman chip a new tranny will need to be put it or just rebuilt and i dont want to do that, what i want is a tuner that smokes good, gets good fuel mileage with a good towing setting. but like every younger guy i want that smoke but dont want to put the tranny in a pinch or heavily modded. so i would just like to know what i should go with u guys know more than i do so just fill me in. like i said i want smoke round 100 horse not much more and something good on the tranny thanks guys

Also i am wantin a dually and if anyone knows of some dually wheels that are black and chrome i would greatly appreciate it not all chrome and not all black thanks again.

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
Since your wanting smoke you've opened a can of worms. Let me begin. Owning a diesel comes with responsibilities. Its like a puppy. You have to take very good care of it, and don't let it piss your neighborhood off. AKA blowing black smoke all the time. Its wasted horsepower, and can only get you introuble. With a Tony Wildman chip, you'll get power and smoke, but there is a time and place. Don't go blowing smoke in lots of traffic or on pedestrians. Unless someone deserves it.

Depending on how you drive, you won't have to rebuild the tranny, but it also depends on how well it has been taken care of, and milage... etc.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Smoke is bad... There is a time and a place for it. Pulling or Drag racing not on the street.

With that being said. Best chip I have had is from Matt @ Gearhead Automotive.

I have ran TS, Bully Dog and DP and none of them compare to what Matt has done with my truck. I have also drove trucks with PHP tunes and Tony's They are also good.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
First off youre good friend has no idea.(sorry)
Second we get this question on here 3 times a day.
This is wht you want you want custom tunes on a flip switch. You can go programmer such as SCT but why when you can switch on the fly with a chip. Now if you want to replace yo trans go with Edge, BullyDog, and the like that have huge adds in the mags. For instance Banks will sell you a chip or modual as they call it with 1 tune for $300.00 and than sell you a Trans command for another $300.00 all the while you can tune the trans from the chip.

Do youre self a favor do some seaching on this site get on the phone and astart calling some of theses CUSTOM tuners and make a informed decision for youre self.
:nod::thumb::nod:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Get custom tunes, there are many to choose from that are good, and you should not have to build up your trans with just a chip if its tuned properly

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys i appreciate it i think i am goin with tony's chip, and its not like i want to smoke on everything i see, thats not wat i am talkin about i am talkin about like banks how they dont smoke i want something that does smoke on the right settings, and also i am not a little 13 year old boy either and dont appreciate the whole puppy thing, but thanks to the guys that answered my question and didnt tell me to not smoke on things. big help thanks guys.

·
Registered
573 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts