Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lifted 2006 f350, and ive been looking into my next mod. So far ive done a k&n intake system and mbrp 5" exhaust turbo back. I was just wanting some input on whats the best mod to go for next. obvi id love to do the garrett powermax, but is there anything cheaper that might give me a big performance increase? any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually no i dont. ive been debating between SCT and edge, and i cant decide if i should replace my head studs before i push that much power into my engine block

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Well, in that case I would argue that a custom tune is the best bang for your buck. SCT has the best reputation when it comes to the 6.0 due to the fact that it tunes the tranny as well. I wouldn't worry about having studs first. Reason being, the reputable tuners out there have tunes specifically made for trucks without studs and trucks with studs. Personally, I've been running Vivian's Looney tune for 45k miles without studs. :woot:

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
SCT tuner is the best for the 6.0 powerstroke. Get the tunner and then a custom tune from Eric, Vivian, or Matt. The best bank for the buck is the tuner, your K&n filter isn't the best but since you have it you might as well keep it. Before you go for the next upgrades read some of the posts on here to help you decide on what to do. There are alot of knowlaganle members on here to help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Do you have a monitor? if not i would get that first to make sure you dont have any issues. It doesn't do any good to polish a turd. If you do have one and dont have any other issues then i agree with the rest of the forum i went from the Edge Juice w/attitude CS to an SCT FX3 and man-o-man i had no idea that there would be that much of a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love my Edge Insight CTS and SCT combo for sure

·
Registered
249 Posts
I love my cts, sct combo also!! Matt from gearhead provided the tune (srl) and I am not studded. Thanks to this forum I have learned a great deal about my truck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Save your money.. Get Livewire TS it's a programmer monitor in 1 and does more PIDs than CTS, and holds 10 tunes

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Php ficm tuner, its also a monitor. Ect, eot, boost, among others. Get ficm tuning and a monitor in one. Jmo.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Best pound for pound mod as requested by OP, far and away- rear locker. After that I'd say custom tune. FICM stuff shouldn't even be mentioned in this post, he asked for best for the money: fcim mods are arguably negligible , let alone a great deal, skip it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Its not technically a performance mod but a monitor should be first on your list. If all reads well on there then move on to the tuner, i prefer the sct with custom tunes. Thats is by far the best bang for your buck. Should hold you over for a while until you decide which way you want to go.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
:agree:

Monitor first...then a SCT Tuner with a Custom tune, and if you can't help it trade that K&N for a S&B :thumb:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Best pound for pound mod as requested by OP, far and away- rear locker. After that I'd say custom tune. FICM stuff shouldn't even be mentioned in this post, he asked for best for the money: fcim mods are arguably negligible , let alone a great deal, skip it.
Made a huge difference on my truck, gained 2mpg. Getting 20mpg often now with it.

Is a detroit locker the same as the tru trac?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im thinking about the SCT livewire TS. tuner and monitor, all in one badass looking touchscreen with windshield mount. anyone heard anything about it?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Tru Trac is a gear type limited slip, detroit locker is a dog clutch full locker, on the KandN FIPK, just get a new filter element from Airaid,or somebody else that will fit into the K and N system. the 2 layer cotton guaze kandn filter material is not adequate for a turbodiesel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Im thinking about the SCT livewire TS. tuner and monitor, all in one badass looking touchscreen with windshield mount. anyone heard anything about it?
Im looking at the same thing--curious as well...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts