Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the best places to get WVO? Donut Shops, Fish Frys, Independent Burger Joints please tell me where you have had the most success? I have 10 Donut Shops in 5 square miles of my house.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
donut shops don't have waste oil, the donuts soak it all up. Check with your local mom and pop places, and gas station deli's to start. Places that use small quantities are the best because the collectors don't see it as worth their while to make a stop for 10-20 gallons a week.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Start with the ones that you go to regularly for business and talk with the owner. Now a days you will have to work out a contract with them to buy their oil because I am sure who ever is taking it now is buying it, and you are going to have to compete with that company and get them to drop their contract for yours. Chinese restraunts have been known to have the best. Burger joints providing they use vegtable oil and not hydrogynated. If it looks like butter, its no good. Super markets that have lunch delis are good too. Fish fry places work too.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Also dont forget bars that sell food too. I had a place for a while that would give it to me for free because every 2 weeks when I went to pick it up I had a beer with the owner. Its was only like 20 gals everytime, but a for the price of a beer, it was great.!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
restaurants
taverns (bars w/ food)
fast food joints
hospitals with cafeterias
schools with cafeterias
old age homes with cafeterias
private golf, tennis or swimming clubs with a food concession
events: county fairs/concerts/rodeos etc.
farmers' markets (if they have fried food)
caterers

donuts get fried in the worst oil
Asian restaurants traditionally have the best oil

·
Registered
528 Posts
ok so once you get the oil, what do you do with it? You just dont throw it into the veggie stroke tank do you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You need to filter it and filter it and de-water it. Then you can put it into a tank as part of a converted system.
If you are going to make bio diesel you start out thre same way by filtering it, but follow the previous posts on this board to make biodiesel.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
ok so once you get the oil, what do you do with it? You just dont throw it into the veggie stroke tank do you?
Therer are many threads in this section on filtering, collecting and comparing WVO to Bio-D. read up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts