Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock orange turbo boot is starting to tear..its the piece that connects the intake to the turbo..i know riffraff has one for like 50 dollars..i was just seeing if anybody else sold them?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Im pretty sure Riffraf is your best option and it might even be your only option other than buying one right from a ford dealer but i thought there was something about those where dealers didnt sell them anymore or they were outrageously priced or something... I got one from riffraf and i like it

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I would buy a Ford intake. It is updated and way better than the old ones and comes with a new replacement for the cast aluminum piece of the intake. I needed one and bought it from a place that sells silicone intake boots, don't remember the name, but I could not get it to fit right. I recommend the Ford intake from Tousley Ford for about $80. I just bought one this last winter from them, not sure if they are discontinued or not, but is listed on their website.

Part# F7TZ-9C681-AA
Tousley Ford Parts Depot

·
Registered
999 Posts
You can buy the boots individually from RiffRaff. I like their boots better than anyone else's.

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
I bought all three boots from Riff Raff last spring and they fit perfect and tight as factory but alot tougher than the old orange one and the New replacement ive bought before its over priced and just not as high quality as youd think its Plastic cast intake coulping and a cast neoprene rubber stiff hose.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright i ordered the riffraff turbo boot and a new 6637 filter, cant wait for them to arrive

·
Registered
725 Posts
Actually the ORANGE boot is the discontinued one, the updated (upgraded) is a BLACK boot from the dealer. You choose the right thing IMHO. I bougth the black one before the RiffRaff boot was available. If I were going to buy a new one now, I will buy the one from Riffraff with my eyes closed. ;)

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Im mean seriously does your truck say fischer price on the side Im not paying to put more plastic on my truck

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Im mean seriously does your truck say fischer price on the side Im not paying to put more plastic on my truck
I guess mine does! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the plastic piece on the intake. It is not supporting any weight and works just the same. Do you have any proof that they are inferior in any way to the original cast piece??? It might actually flow air better. Just saying, there really is no difference except for the material, same job gets done just as good, and OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts