Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If everything goes smoothly, I will order my DP Chip this summer, I want to know what you guys think the best part or feature of these chips is. Also, what's your favorite program and why?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I like the fact that it has a digital push button switch, and it has room for 16 tunes. I'll never have 16 but it is nice to have more than 6 positions at times, especially if you want to take up 2 spots with stock and high idle tunes

·
Registered
272 Posts
def the switch on the fly for number 1, then the mutiple position, then the overall performance of the tuner and the way that jody deals with you once you become a customer in interest

·
Registered
736 Posts
What these guy's have already said. Plus you will not believe that a chip could give you this much power. I run the 80 economy tune everyday and it's great!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don't forget about the sleekness of the new gauge mount switch, oh and when you shift on the fly it will take about 1 second for the new tune to take over.

Jody does recommend not shifting it under load, which I agree with, take you foot off and then switch tunes, you'd be surprised who much power the truck instantly has when you shift from stock to say 80 or 120 or even 40, your foot may be half into it, then bam you switch the power up and the truck will jump and go, can't be the best for it I would say.

One thing that i've done recently and you have to watch out for it putting the high idle on by mistake and only holding the truck with the brake.

I've done it twice now, backed into a parking spot, switched down to 1 (mine pos 1 is stock) to shut the truck off and went to slow switching passed pos 2 (HI for mine), truck jumped back cause I had a light foot on the brake and she reved right up to 1100, just a bone head move by me, or to solve that you could have him put HI at the highest number and you would never go past it going back to stock.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a little bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts