Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been out of the tuning world for a while since i sold my 08 2 years ago. Im now driving a stock 15 that i want to tuned for the sole purpose of deleting the exhaust crap. My question is what is the best tuner out there for reliability, not looking for any high HP tunes or anything. Maybe a small tow tune or something hell even the stock tune is just fine for me. I pull a 13k fifth wheel, a tractor, and a few boats. This is my daily driver truck so i dont want to have to worry about any reliability issues. I will be going with a 5" downpipe back exhaust no muffler. What out there these days? is it really neccesary for me to do all the EGR deltes etc? I want to be able to swap back to stock for a little while until i run out of my factory warranty.

·
Premium Member
20,354 Posts
You can just get the exhaust block off plates for the egr cooler. Really simple and you do t need to pull the egr cooler out or mess with the coolant passages. Lots of guys choose this option.

But yes EZ link with a few tunes from Tyrant. Nothing on the dash. You choose the tune with your phone and forget about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
You choose the tune with your phone and forget about it.
They removed this feature. You have to use a SOTF knob to switch tunes.

I've mentioned this to other people, I'll mention it here because I wish I had known, but you can't use the EZ-Lynk app and your cell phone 4G data at the same time. The EZ-Lynk app uses dedicated wifi.

·
"RLTW" Tennessee
989 Posts
They removed this feature. You have to use a SOTF knob to switch tunes.

I've mentioned this to other people, I'll mention it here because I wish I had known, but you can't use the EZ-Lynk app and your cell phone 4G data at the same time. The EZ-Lynk app uses dedicated wifi.
With the EZLynk you load the tune with your phone or another monitor of your choice that has WiFi capability. To use the Switch on the Fly (SOTF) tunes you will need a SOTF switch (extra accessory). I use an old iPhone as my monitor to watch the gauges but you do not need to be connected to EZLynk at all times unless you want to monitor real time gauges.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I went with the much cheaper SCT X4 and tyrant tunes. I plan on setting and forgetting my tune...maybe changing it once or twice per year so I didn't see the value in the extra cost of the EZlynk. One benefit of the EZLynk would be the real time gauges but you can also get that from the $5 Torque Pro app.

I agree with the above posts about using the block off plates for the EGR cooler.

I got a package deal on my tuner, tunes and plates from No Limit Fab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts