Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for an oil change and i was wondering what is the best oil and filters ..etc to use for it :ford:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
do some searching and you will find that this is a VERY loaded question! haha

I personally am running Rotella T6 5w-40 and it seems good. There are times that my truck just seems to run very quiet (without all the injector noise). Don't know if you want or like that idea but it was worth mentioning.

As far as filter, I only run Motorcraft.

side note, check this out....Buckeye Powerstrokes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

·
Registered
574 Posts
T6 for me and motorcraft filters

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
400 Posts
While on this topic for oil change how many miles do you guys recommend changing the oil at right now I'm doing 5000 but I have had numerous people say that's too early

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
While on this topic for oil change how many miles do you guys recommend changing the oil at right now I'm doing 5000 but I have had numerous people say that's too early
I run regular 15w40 Rotella-T with 5000 mile changes. Blackstone Labs always tells me I can go longer when I have my oil tested, but I don't. My truck just rolled over 200,000 miles and I've had no oil related issues and my truck runs strong still... Original/Stock injectors, oil pumps, turbo, etc... It's all still good.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's what I've been using the rotella t 15w40 and I've always been told 5000 miles on any car and you will be safe but when people told me I could go 7500 before changing I thought to myself I wouldn't want to be stingy on oil because it will get me in the end

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I usually run cenpeco and motor craft filters. Runs great.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I run motorcraft filters and normally run T6, but ran across Delo 400 5w40 full synthetic last time I was buying oil so I dumped it in, and the truck runs as good or better with that than the T6.

·
Banned
209 Posts
I used T6 on my first oil change on the truck I got back in April. Did notice a slight change in engine/injector "noise". I use it in my wifes Jeep Liberty Diesel as well and the difference on that vehicle over dino 15-40 is significant.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i was using Valvoline premium blue extreme 5w40 full synthetic. but that was because i could get it cheap from work. though new job not so much so ill be switching to rottela t6 5w40 and I use Wix or Napa gold filters if Motor-craft is not available however walmart has the motor-craft filters and t6 at a very fair price.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always run the actual 15-40 powerstroke oil. And use motor craft filters.

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use Amsoil Premium 15w40 Synthetic with a Donaldson ELF7405 filter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I run Rotella T 15w-40 with Wix filter, I've always changed at 5k even if it's early I feel its better to change it too often than not often enough

Sent from my DROID BIONIC while wasting time at work...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I always run the actual 15-40 powerstroke oil. And use motor craft filters.

Sent from my iPod touch using AG Free
Exactly!.. OEM is always best!.. 434,000 miles still running like a champ is a testament to this!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah im new to the diesel world just got my truck about a month ago and im loving it , just want to do stuff right to make it last ! :icon_ford:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts