Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its been talked about alot, but what are the best mods for MPG. What works the best together? just a question for you powerstokers. I have the run of the mill mods (SCT, Air intake, Exhaust, Zoodad) what else could we do to boost our MPG???????? :dunno::icon_ford:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stock tires, inflated properly.
Lighter right foot.

Tuners can deliver better MPG, but that comes at the cost of producing non-compliant emissions.

Probably the best MPG improvement would be a (admittedly hideous) tonneau cover of sorts going from the top of the back of the cab down to the tailgate. This would be a "fastback" style. The improvement would be mostly at highway speeds. That said, this is just my idea, I've never seen any CFD or windtunnel analysis to support this.

edit: A little research :

EVWORLD FEATURE: Free Fuel Riding on the Wind:KNOX | TOYOTA | TRUCK | AERODYNAMICS | STREAMLINE | EIFFEL | TEXAS | PHIL

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'm doing a Toneou (SP?) cover here shortly on my 250. I've been experimenting with tail gate down, off, up... seems like up is best. off is worst. down is somewhere in the middle. Dropping lift and getting toneu cover.. I should see some improvements.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Well documented that tailgate up yields best MPG. A tonneau will help more.

·
Registered
203 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts