Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most "severe" terrain my truck sees is some snow and sand so I don't need a super knobby mud tire. What all-terrain tire has the best wear, and comes in a 35" height for a stock 20" wheel?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
id say BFGs

·
Registered
114 Posts
No offense steer clear of BFGS id wanna say nitto or toyo cant remember im sure some others will chime in BFG may have that name but for truck tires cant match up to nitto or toyo IMO

·
Registered
699 Posts
i had bfg a/t on my X. switched over to the toyo m/ts. They are a much better tire. Mine are E rated and wear well.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I guess I'm alittle lost on the BFG's, what wrong with them? Toyo's are awesome, but expensive and Nitto's look cool, but wear out quickly, the BFG is a great in the middle A/T.........everyone I have ever talked to and every mag I have ever read says the same thing, its a great all round tire :dunno:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I care more about wear than all aroundness. I'd sacrifice a significant amount of snow traction to get an extra 20k miles out of a tire.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Subscribing....I always ran BFG on my small trucks. I liked them because of minimal road noise and good traction. Not sure how they work on big trucks

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
nitto terra grappler, hands down, what a bad a ss tire, has awesome looks, & massive traction, every tire i had i could smoke to death, i can barely get a chirp out of these.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I care more about wear than all aroundness. I'd sacrifice a significant amount of snow traction to get an extra 20k miles out of a tire.
Well if I had to pick it would go like this......

Toyo's, best tire, best traction, longest wear, most expensive.

BFG's, great all around tire, great wear, priced well.

Cooper, they make Toyo's so they are just like the Toyo's, but way cheaper, but wear a little quicker

Nitto's, best looking tire, often cheap, but they wear very, very quickly. Nitto is known for their soft compounds in order to get better traction, like on their drag radials and the mud grapplers

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Food for thought........... there is a reason BFG is the most winning tire in off-road racing and crawling than all the others combined for the last 40 years

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
From what I have heard and read the BFG's will give you the most life. However, I dont have any first hand experience with them.

Personally I really liked my NTG's. They were wearing very well, they had good traction in snow and rain.

When I bought mine (I am sure they have went up since then) I paid $200 a piece, the BFG's were about $300/per tire

·
Registered
188 Posts
i run terra grapplers and love them

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts