Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently looking for a cold air intake for an 06. currently have turbo back magnaflow 4" and sct sf3 programmer.. Any suggestions on best filtering and cleanest intake???

·
Registered
672 Posts
i'm also thinking about getting an intake... i've heard its useless unless you are pushing over 500+hp. but i'm not sure either i would like to know if it would be worth it to get an intake like afe stage 2 with proguard vs. dry, whichever is better

·
Registered
84 Posts
same here. i was wondering about an afe stage two. im looking more for mpg more then power upgrades. i have a four inch cat back, and the last owner of the truck installed an upgraded turbin wheel, i think its from ats but im not really sure.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
the stock intake system is usually good for up to 400hp.... you can easily reach that with a sct tuner. after that an aftermarket intake system is recommended.....

oil filters will actually filter better than dry filters according to AFE and S&B as long as you regularly maintain and clean them.

if it were me the best bang for your bucks is the S&B intake. it filters as good as the AFE with a lot cheaper price.

if more than 1 of you guys are looking to get one i can give you guys a group deal on them... PM me if your interested
-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
I run a modified Airaid, I took the bracket that IS supposed to seal against the hood off, cut and fabbed a 1/4" piece of plexiglass as a cover. Did the Zoodad mod as well. Works great, you can see your filter and determine when to clean.

Mike

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
AEM has been throwing codes on the 6.0L AFE is good but way over priced, and S&B is just a little bit above k&n...for the money, power, quality, warranty, and customer service, AIRAID is the route to go. TrueFlow is supposed to be decent, but I haven't run them, I just know a few guys that work for them so I can't give you a real opinion.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have heard that oiled filters such as the K&N do filter better but can be damaging to diesels... Anyone know if this rumor is true?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i have the afe stage 2 pg7 and had no problems .....its a great unit just a little pricey

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
K&N will damage your vehicle as they require a lot of oil, and that is the problem with oil...for filters like the AIRAID, they only require a little bit of oil and its not for filteration, the oil is to keep the cotton and the synthetic layer from breaking down. WIth the light coat of oil, you will never have any issues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah that's what i heard that the recharge oil of the K&N is possbily damaging to the engine and is even worse for diesels than regular gas engines.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Over oiling any filter is harmful. I've never heard of K&N needing any more than others. I have a AFE now and I don't put any more or less oil on it than the K&N's that I've had.
As for the AFE I am very happy with it. Small increase in MPG, a little morre respnsive and I like the whine of the turbo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts