Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best intake for the money? I dont want the DIY had it and did not like how it sealed but miss the mpg gain.... afe stage 1 and 2 is 2 really worth $400? i went on ebay what is the best for fuel power and money

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
What do you mean did not like how it sealed?

Do the DIY right. Look down youre sig where it says things wanted. Save the money you would spend on bling filters and get guages.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was dust in the intake tube

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FilterCovers

anybody use one of these covers for the diy

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
There is no "Best" it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want the "best" filtering intake than the Ford AIS is "The Best", it will flow enough air for 400-424HP and looks totally stock under the hood. If you think, or want, more air, than you need to go with a open element filter. I myself don't care for these because of the increased noise, but out of them I would choose the AFE stageII, UOA reports that I have seen prove it does a decent job at filtering. Remember dirt is death to a diesel engine!!

NCH

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i will get a diy filter cover and try that i lost 1- 1.5mpg with the stock paper

·
Registered
198 Posts
if you dont want a diy, id look in to a S&B kit.. its only $269, and its one of the best around. afe is way over priced in my opinion, when u get get S&B for well under $400..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i got a S&B on my dodge wit a 12V Cummins...luv it...a couple ppl in the Ford club im in have the S&B and they like them !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts