Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i know this is typically a whatever you want get it kind of thing, i'm just wondering what is the best intake for filtering purposes, ease of use, overall quality, same goes for exhaust what kit is easy to install yet still looks good, best bang for the buck. i know there are alot of options for both intake and exhaust, any input would be great

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i have the afe stage 2 with pg7 filter ....the set up is really nice ....as for exhause when i was at the afe factory i got a good deal on a 4 inch turbo back so i got it and it fit great no problems .....but i think alot of them are good just depends how much you want to spend

·
Registered
450 Posts
well it really comes down to what your doing w/ the truck and where you're going.

so w/ that being said... what do you use the truck for?

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
For the intake, look at the S&B or AFE II XP with PG7. Both will provide excellent flow and filtration. For the exhaust, I suggest MBRP. They are available is aluminized or stainless depending on your budget. You can choose to either run the cat or get the delete pipe if you want to get rid of it. Let me know if I can help with anything.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i got afe and i love it

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Most will say that your stock Donaldson intake system will flow more than enough are for up to 450hp+

my suggestion is save your money from the intake and get a nice stainless exhaust kit with a nice tip
:nod::thumb:I agree..... Use that saved money and maybe even step up to duals??? Thats if you like that look?:dunno:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks again for the posts, i was looking at duals, which kit though i mean i know alot of guys use mbrp and silverline, what about ats or magnaflow

·
Registered
450 Posts
well for what your doing i'd say go w/ the cat-back and an Airaid intake. the Airaid is the most popular for the 6.0 b/c it's got a 7 layer filter standard and it fits great, also it's very easy to take out and clean.

here are some reviews off our site on the Airaid

Xtreme Diesel Performance - XDP Diesel Performance Parts

3/7/2008
dirt farmer (Anonymous)
Very easy to install.Took less then a hour.saving 3mpg. 5mpg on highway .Now the truck has plenty of pep.

2/14/2008
(Anonymous)
Took about an hour to install, maybe less. Straight forward instructions and pics really help. Factory airbox is a little stubborn to get out, but the Airaid goes in pretty easy. You can really hear all the air being sucked-in when you punch it! The added power is heard and felt!

2/3/2008
FIREHOUSE (Anonymous)
ADDED THIS INTAKE SYSTEM ON MY 07 FORD 6.0 . VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD INSTRUCTIONS AND GREAT FIT. TOOK ABOUT 50 MINUTES TO INSTALL. CAN HEAR THE MOTOR BREATH FINALLY!

12/17/2007
FARMER (Anonymous)
VERY VERY EASY instalation. This Ariad intake made a noticable difference instantly. I am very satisfied!!

5/11/2007
almost too easy!! (Anonymous)
installed my intake to day and WOW, i've had a few k&n kits and this was a world of difference from that, everything from the quality of the filter to the ease of installation.
two thumbs up from this guy!!

10/4/2006
wow! (edge)
very easy to follow instructions and great quality. also wonderful throttle response and about a 1-2 mpg increase.

10/3/2006
Easy Installation! (DieselGuy)
The Airaid Intake was an easy install and completely removed that restrictive air box. The power difference was instant!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts