Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys!? This is my first post on the org! Im in the market for some stage 2 injectors. i can afford a little over $1500. would settle for rebuilds. anyone know the place to go to get the best injectors for the cash? if so help me out. thanks in advance. oh yeah, dont know if it would help or not but my setup is a stock 97 f250 5 speed with a ts 6 position chip. I want as much power as i can get. thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
i got my stage 2's from industrial injection for 1400 n love em, but i know the diy injectors from jim rosewood are alot cheaper n really good, alot of people on here run em, i'm sure someone else will chime in about em soon

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
diy injectors from rosewood. I am getting ones in about a week or two. Have never heard anything bad about them and Jim is a great guy to talk to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how hard is the diy injectors?ive got pretty decent mechanical skills not no master mechanic though, but ive always worked on my own vehicles. like are they pretty error proof? and how would i test them to make sure ive done it right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also i read that you need to machine the piston. im going to school to be a machinest right now and we have an awesome shop. lathes,mills,cncs,centroids,line cutters etc. what kind of machineing would i have to do to these?

·
Registered
512 Posts
You also need supporting mods. at least an intake, dp + exhaust, possibly hpop and clutch? and possilby more depending on how far you want to go. you dont need a hpop but just hope ur stocker is really good. oh and you need custom tunes. I think im missing some other things. but eventually you will need a turbo too.
Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i order my injectors i was also going to get an intake,turbo back exhaust, pyro and boost gauges,send my chip off for some tony wildman tunes, and an intercooler system. ill have to wait a few months on the clutch, hpop, and the turbo. (i only have extra money when get my school refund checks in september and februrary.) What turbo upgrade do you reccomend?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
You can do DIYs and send yours to him to build, thats what I did

As for a turbo you could do a D66 but Id go with a modded H2E if you can afford it, its 1100 for the D66 compared to 3 grand for the modded H2E

1 - 9 of 9 Posts