Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my truck needs a new HPOP what is the best one to get? Another one from ford? Or any ideas for a "bulletproof" one? Also I'm not looking to spend crazy amounts of money sadly

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
If you could hold out for a little bit, I would wait for the HPOP from Bob at Diesel Site (that is what Mitch, PGreenSVT, is doing). However, I also understand not wanting to wait and just getting an OEM pump because that is all there is right now for the 05-07 trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Since my truck needs a new HPOP what is the best one to get? Another one from ford? Or any ideas for a "bulletproof" one? Also I'm not looking to spend crazy amounts of money sadly
Maybe I am ignorant to the issues pertaining to the HPOP on the 05-07 but i was under the impression that this wasnt a problem child in OEM form...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I am ignorant to the issues pertaining to the HPOP on the 05-07 but i was under the impression that this wasnt a problem child in OEM form...
Ya that's what I thought, but at 105,000 mine decided it wanted to be different lol it only pushes out 200 psi when cranking

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
And mine only builds about 3500psi at WOT. It's a race between Bob at Diesel Site and Gary at Stealth to see who is able to get a decent pump to market first. Since that is my biggest holdup the first to market will get my $$$.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And mine only builds about 3500psi at WOT. It's a race between Bob at Diesel Site and Gary at Stealth to see who is able to get a decent pump to market first. Since that is my biggest holdup the first to market will get my $$$.
Does yours start?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Who do you think will win Mitch??

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Does yours start?
Turbo is off, up pipes out, intake off, injectors coming out tomorrow, if I have time exhaust manifolds are coming off tomorrow. Uhm, no, it won't start. :D

Who do you think will win Mitch??
It's a toss up Nate. They both seem to be about the same place. Bob just got his latest version on for testing on 8/4. I have heard that Gary is about 60-90 days out.

I really don't want to put my truck together then pull it apart again to do the HPOP so I'm waiting. Matt Kubik should have my up pipes for the Steed Speeds done this week except maybe the ceramic coating. I waiting to hear back from Holderdown about some modifications I want to make to the Soot Powered intake for my liquid cooled turbo. Then I can pull the trigger on that. It's always something.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turbo is off, up pipes out, intake off, injectors coming out tomorrow, if I have time exhaust manifolds are coming off tomorrow. Uhm, no, it won't start. :D

It's a toss up Nate. They both seem to be about the same place. Bob just got his latest version on for testing on 8/4. I have heard that Gary is about 60-90 days out.

I really don't want to put my truck together then pull it apart again to do the HPOP so I'm waiting. Matt Kubik should have my up pipes for the Steed Speeds done this week except maybe the ceramic coating. I waiting to hear back from Holderdown about some modifications I want to make to the Soot Powered intake for my liquid cooled turbo. Then I can pull the trigger on that. It's always something.
Haha mine just quit the bed out of the blue, replaced everything there is to be done and decided that it was the culprit :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts