Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best brand mobile/ Valoline. ect any suggestions would be good also what weight is recommened there are several diffrent weights and i Would just look in the manuel if i had one lol any help would be awsome...

1994 F350 all stock 7.3L non turbo idi with High Miles

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not going to touch on the brand debate but I personally run synthetic in everything but the engine.......

75-90 front and rear (if you dont pull)
75-140 rear (if you often pull loads)

Personally, I ran 75-140 in mine all the time and it was a daily driver that got pulled with just a few times a year.

Also, if you have a limited slip rear diff you need to add friction modifier.....

Thad

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the any diffrencence between 75w and 80w and do they make the gear oils with the limited slip additive in them or is it a seperate bottle to add as well? Thanks thad

·
Banned
148 Posts
Not to preach but Amsoil severs gear lube is the best deal for the money i use it with revx good for 50000 severe use 100000 non severe

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not sure what you mean if there is a difference between 75W and 85W? Obvisouly, they are two different oils but whether it really matters to the differential.....I wouldn't think so.

Yeah, some have the LS additive in them. Just make sure you read the container.

Thad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts