Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for some gauges and just wanted to know what y'all's opinions are on what to choose. I'm lookin at autometer or isspro. What type of gauges (Trans temp, EGT, Boost, fuel rail, ect) would be the best?

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
For the 7.3L, you'll want Boost, EGT, and Trans Temp, at a minimum.

I run Autometer GS series in my 6.0L, and have zero complaints. With gauges you get what you pay for. Autometer or Isspro both have a great reputation, I'd avoid the Glowshifts, or any multiple gauge-in-one units.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! My uncle and I both have 7.3's and he lives down the road so we have a lot planned for both vehicles but gauges are a must for both. I like the matching OEM pillar gauges so I'll look into those.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I've got the isspro for the same reason matching dial and red pointers (not to mention made in the USA) turned out sweet!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like things made in the USA. :hehe: Ive also gotta get a little more cash round up to get them but I think I'm leaning towards isspro but I like all of the different gauge options that autometer offer.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
The ISSPRO EV2's are made in the USA. ISSPRO has been in the business since 1949 so they're very reputable. The black dial, red pointer, green illum series match the 99-03 superduties real well. ISSPRO EV2 Series Gauges at DieselManor
We also have complete kits with all of the minutia if you want a simple place to get all of the items in one package: DIESELMANOR GAUGE KITS for Ford Powerstroke
The ISSPRO EV2 gauges also have a real nice feature that allows you to program the small red warning LED that's at the 6 o'cloc position on the dial. You do need to use the R82003 Attribute software (not included) but it's relatively inexpensive. If you don't want to buy it we can program the gauges for you before we ship them out.

Give us a push if you have any questions. we'll be glad to help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought glowshift gauges and am very satisfied. However I bought 4 gauges, not the 3 in 1 gauge. Boost, EGT, Trans Temp and voltage. Glowshift has the kits on their site for a fair price. The gauges look awesome and you can change the colors. If you get the 10 color gauges you can set the gauge to turn red at a certain setting to alert you. And many other cool features. I only got the 7 color ones tho.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will definitely check out Diesel Manor when I get the chance

Sent from a device that's smarter than me

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
We have many instructions on our site to look at, but if anyone is going to use the ISSPRO EV2's take a look at the following:
Gauge Installations at DieselManor - 2008-2010 6.4L Ford Powerstroke
These instructions are for a 6.4L PSD, but as far as the wiring of the EV2s are concerned, it should be bennifical.
For all of our other instructions, they can be found on this page:
DieselManor - Installation Sheets
We're in the process of revising the other instructions (for the 6.0L and 7.3L) so they will have more pictures and descriptions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts