Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK fellas here is the deal.... My boss just bought me a 01 7.3 4x4 6speed and the truck is going to be a pavement queen never pulling anything.... not looking to drop lots of HP into the truck or looking to get gauges simply looking to get the best fuel mileage possible.... what is going to be our best bet for a chip... keep in mind Im a cummins guy, I have no idea what programmers/chips are good for the 7.3's when it comes strickly to fuel mileage....so thanks in advance

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: anybody?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Cummins guy hah!:hehe:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean i realize im new to the site, but why even post that? I am just trying to get some information on the new truck that I am going to be driving which is a POWERSTROKE! and this is a POWERSTROKE forum im not asking about my cummins im simply asking bout the powerstroke that I am going to be driving, its not that I asked about my cummins.... Personally I like the 7.3's

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Check into the tony wildman chips, I keep hearing a lot of people have really really good luck with them, Im getting ready to purchase one now

oh and :ORG welcome:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man, Well I think will be purchasing a TS or a DP tuner its down to those two chips right now!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thanks man, Well I think will be purchasing a TS or a DP tuner its down to those two chips right now!
Go with either DP Tuner, or a Tony Wildman(Total Diesel Performance) chip. A custom tuned chip will definitely perform wayyyyyyyyyyy better then a TS chip.

I personally would go with Tony Wildman.

And definitely get gauges. At least an EGT gauge. It is definitely a BADDD idea to run a chip without at least an EGT gauge.

Hope that helps man:thumb:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guys I know all about EGT's... I baby my truck and I am going to baby this truck... I am not going to rem on it... its going to be a pavement queen no hard driving just back and forth to our warehouse... the chip will never see over 60 hp... I know how to drive like a gpa... trust me I dont wana ruin a good thing by trashing out a truck that is bought for me....

·
Registered
601 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
i mean i realize im new to the site, but why even post that? I am just trying to get some information on the new truck that I am going to be driving which is a POWERSTROKE! and this is a POWERSTROKE forum im not asking about my cummins im simply asking bout the powerstroke that I am going to be driving, its not that I asked about my cummins.... Personally I like the 7.3's
I'm so glad you didn't finish that sentence with "they taste like chicken" like I was expecting. :hehe::hehe:

Anyway DP or TW will hook you up. Probably an intake and exhaust and a light right foot will help. I use 2-stroke oil in my fuel as an additive, and consistantly get 1-1.5 mpg's better with it rather than without it.

Good Luck and :welcome: to the .org!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have a tw, and when i only had a tw, exhaust, and afe stage 2, i got 22/18 mpg. I would go with the tony wildman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts