Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting in new soundproofing material in the cab of my truck when I go to replace the carpet (Carpet is VERY worn out--especially the driver's area, surprise, surprise!). I'm trying to find out the best soundproofing material to put on the floor, and on the doors. I've checked out some different types and know I don't want the ones that have asphalt in them (smelly). Been looking at NOICO Red that is 150 mil thick for the floor--at least to put on the main flat surfaces then maybe Kilmat 80 mil over that and the rest of the floor and back panel. I have some carpet samles in form a place that makes them thicker than normal, so that will also help in decreasing the sound in the cab (we tested it around 75-78 dbl on avg). Any thoughts on how to proceed or what works best for these clunky 7.3's? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
10,660 Posts
Kilmat is more affordable then dynamat and works well.

Don't forget the doors, firewall, and behind the seats on the rear of the cab. Doing just the floor will not help much. well worth it and helped a few people with their diesels just never motivated to do it on my own lol. I even read about some that did it in the ceiling. But doors/firewall/floor were the big ones.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. When I talked about doing the floor, I meant the whole bottom area--from the bottom of the back windows, back side--along the bottom to as far up under the pedal areas as I can go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts