Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright another one for everyone. Who makes the best egr delete kit? There is so many choices I am not sure what to go with.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I hear alot of people like sinister. I havent done mine yet. But when I do, thats the one I'm considering. I'm also considering a bulletproof cooler, just in case I have to pass emissions where I live. Right now just blocked off with freeze plug and valve welded shut.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
there is low end and high end, low end varies from simple caps and plugs, to a little more..... i definatly will be buying a high end kit when i do.... im down to either FCDP most likely, but i also keep an eye on GOGO diesels kit, but i dont think anyone on here runs that one, im waiting for a review..... either way i will be getting a kit that allows the sensor to be plugged back into the cooler, because a few guys posted there truck goes into "limp" mode without the sensor plugged in....even though the systems disabled, i know...crazy.... anyway plenty others had no issues either way.... thats all i know, have not heard any compllaints on the FCDP system

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
The "Best" is really hard to answer without knowing your specific needs. Without a doubt the Gogo Diesel modified intake is the top of the line. Right under that is FCDP. Both of those are permanent solutions with no way to reverse other than getting a new stock manifold. They are great kits but if you have to go through an emissions test in a year or two it is a manifold replacement to pass. A kit like Sinister is next and the Sinister kit is a well made kit. It is reversible just by taking it out and re-installing the egr stuff. The cheapest way is to weld plugs in the up pipe and egr cooler. To reverse it requires you to buy new egr cooler and up-pipe.

Which solution is "best" depends on your needs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well unless I end up moving I wont have to do emissions. So based on that what should I do? I want the most efficient one I guess. One that when I put in I wont have to worry anymore. Does it really matter? I dont see why it would. Once again what about RCD since it is so close to me?

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
biggest difference between the cheap and expensive kits is the up pipe brother... the cheap kits with plugs dont address, the expensive kits come with a new up pipe... if you dont replace that, you still have the stock up pipe that is trying to divert nearly 30% of the airflow out of the mainstream witch takes away power and efficiency, without replacing the up pipe you will get no power increase just benefits of longevity... i want the whole deal thats why i will go with high end kit...... they all work... do a search.. if your RCD kit is close, get that, let us know how it goes..... the RCD does not include Up pipe i dont believe..... i dont have to worry about emissions test so that is not a factor for me...

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
The Sinister kit comes with a 304 stainless up pipe. It is similar to the RCD kit but i think the Sinister gets the nod between the two. A Sinister kit can be had for around $275 so it's a good value for your money.

FCDP's kit welds up the EGR holes in the manifold and he has them cleaned inside and out and then powder coats the intake. It also comes with an up pipe. It is a very nice piece too at about twice the cost of the Sinister. Plus there is an added core charge until you send back your stock intake and up pipe.

You have to decide what best fits your needs and budget. Both get the job done. From a performance standpoint there is no difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I need the Sinister kit correct? That will be the most reliable and I will actually get a power gain?

Basically the cheapest ket that is the most reliable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really just dont want to deal with the core and all, or spend to much money. I dont have emissions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I really like my GoGo delete. I'm not going to lie and say it had a noticable difference but look inside any intake manifold and tell me how clogged up it looks then compare it to a clean one. I guess for me it's just piece of mind knowing that the air can flow through the intake and not get "caught up" on some thing that is baked onto the side of it.

And having to deal with the core, it's really not that big of a deal. Just put your old intake in the box, the new one came in, and hit up UPS. You'll get your core charge back pretty much right away.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
From a performance standpoint there is no difference.
thats not really true. If you are bolting on new parts to your old sooted, coked up and clogged intake manifold there wont be any real benefit, but if you slap on a cleaned intake manifold (FCDP) that is basically "like new" you should notice a bit of a difference just because there is no restriction in the intake.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I understand that if the manifold is really coked up your freshly cleaned intake may flow better, that's why I mentioned it earlier. But it would have to be pretty well coked up to be able to feel a difference in the seat of your pants. Your delete is a first rate product Adam, but it isn't necessarily the right solution for everyone. I just made sure he had the facts, I didn't recommend any solution in particular.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay my truck has 25,000 miles on it. Is my intake manifold gonna look THAT bad? Would the sinister kit fit my needs as an all out performance and reliability standpoint? If it matters I have been running spartan tunes that keep my valve closed as well. So I cant even see it being that bad at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry for all of the questions. I will answer a ton of them once I actually work on it for the first time other than filters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sinister kit ordered..... The other products look like great products but I just dont see mine being coked up at all with 25000 miles. I also got a coolant filter as well. Im going for long term reliability next comes garret! Or 190s?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If your going for reliability, I'd get a set of ARP studs before a turbo and/or injectors, just my opinion

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Sinister kit ordered..... The other products look like great products but I just dont see mine being coked up at all with 25000 miles. I also got a coolant filter as well. Im going for long term reliability next comes garret! Or 190s?
You can always take the intake to a machine shop and have it cleaned out. I agree that I wouldn't expect it to be too bad at 25k miles either.

If your going for reliability, I'd get a set of ARP studs before a turbo and/or injectors, just my opinion
I strongly agree!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Okay my truck has 25,000 miles on it. Is my intake manifold gonna look THAT bad? Would the sinister kit fit my needs as an all out performance and reliability standpoint? If it matters I have been running spartan tunes that keep my valve closed as well. So I cant even see it being that bad at all.
you wouldnt believe how much soot is in one of those manifolds with the egr in place. I was amazed when I put in the intercooler @ 30K. one more vote for FCDP. a little more but it is worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts