Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. so just as another recent poster said. ive got the blinking light the hard shifts the sometimes missing overdrive/slipping in it. Which sucks but ive got 356,000 on the origninal tranny. Lucky for me im in an automatic tranny rebuilding class right now and my instructor with 30 years in trannys says he would be more then glad to help me build it. that being said i am finding kits on ebay from 100 bucks to 400. i dont think i need a high performance tranny unless of course it will help immensly with power and milage. i also plan on plowing with the truck this winter. i guess im seeing what yall opinion on the best kit, where to buy it, and benifits are. plus im curious to know if the slippage is mostly caused by bands or do the planetarys wear out in them. im new to ford life and im glad yall have welcomed me aboard with your replies to my last posts. Youve all been a tremendous help and thank you greatly

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
i am interested in this also but dont want to spend thousands and i already have a great TC.....

My stage 1's and TW chip are a little much for this tranny...

HERE'S A BUMP FOR YOU

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok. so just as another recent poster said. ive got the blinking light the hard shifts the sometimes missing overdrive/slipping in it. Which sucks but ive got 356,000 on the origninal tranny. Lucky for me im in an automatic tranny rebuilding class right now and my instructor with 30 years in trannys says he would be more then glad to help me build it. that being said i am finding kits on ebay from 100 bucks to 400. i dont think i need a high performance tranny unless of course it will help immensly with power and milage. i also plan on plowing with the truck this winter. i guess im seeing what yall opinion on the best kit, where to buy it, and benifits are. plus im curious to know if the slippage is mostly caused by bands or do the planetarys wear out in them. im new to ford life and im glad yall have welcomed me aboard with your replies to my last posts. Youve all been a tremendous help and thank you greatly

Spend the money on good tranny parts. Pushing a snow plow can be a killer on any tranny

Slippage is caused by many things. Wear, out of spec parts, stuck or sticking valves or bad seals. Could be other factors.

Now for parts. I use this guy Racer X Automotive . For misc. I use this guy Transmission Parts Automatic Transmission Parts Order Online Transmission Parts :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts