Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just figured id post this up, since winter is on the way and im sure some people will be in the same boat as me. been having starting issues - and need to eliminate headaches as much as possible so decided to just get 2 new batteries and see where it gets me.

so anyway - BEST price i found on a set for this truck was at SAM'S CLUB. group 65 ( i think) - 875 CCA - 3 yr warranty, DURACELL BRAND. before core $89 bucks each.. thats way cheaper than anything else i found, even from the auto part chains.. with tax and the core charges it was $239 i think out the door, with $30 in core charge.... bout to throw them in now.

SAM'S CLUB has the cheapest price on any battery i have looked for. my mothers civic, and even my motorcycle battery.. battery for my bike (08gsxr750) was only $29 i think.. almost half what everyone else wanted, even at walmart.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Thanks for the info :thumb:

Warranty?

·
Registered
725 Posts
just figured id post this up, since winter is on the way and im sure some people will be in the same boat as me. been having starting issues - and need to eliminate headaches as much as possible so decided to just get 2 new batteries and see where it gets me.

so anyway - BEST price i found on a set for this truck was at SAM'S CLUB. group 65 ( i think) - 875 CCA - 3 yr warranty, DURACELL BRAND. before core $89 bucks each.. thats way cheaper than anything else i found, even from the auto part chains.. with tax and the core charges it was $239 i think out the door, with $30 in core charge.... bout to throw them in now.

SAM'S CLUB has the cheapest price on any battery i have looked for. my mothers civic, and even my motorcycle battery.. battery for my bike (08gsxr750) was only $29 i think.. almost half what everyone else wanted, even at walmart.
Thanks for the info :thumb:

Warranty?
3 yr warranty. :dunno:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
:doh:

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
threw them in yesterday - never heard the truck crank so fast.. first time since ive owned the truck that both batteries were new - hope they last - so far so good.. off the next crisis..

·
Banned
5,630 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
figured id update this - took a trip to costco the other day and it seems they have their KIRKLAND brand batteries for slightly less money. group 65, KIRKLAND, 850cca, 3yr warranty for $85. so there are 2 good options here for anyone in the need. only difference is a few bucks and 25cca between the DURACELL vs KIRKLAND group 65 battery.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i got a set of the KIRKLAND's 3 weeks ago. SMOKIN DEAL on batteries.. i will let you know how they hold up when winter comes!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal on batteries! I have been leaving a trickle charger on mine because after sitting for a few days or from very short trips they drain very easily..so within the next few weeks I will be getting some also! Just throwing this out there but is it worth the extra money to get the battery's with 1000cca? I got a price of 122$ for a single interstate battery..and I saw at the local parts house motorcraft 1000cca batteries were 129$ each..

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
honestly i dont think theres a need.. but thats just me - unless your running some crazy electric stuff or stereo. i can tell you this - my truck turns over so fast now, half the time it starts before i can even turn the off cause im not use to it. also - the warranty is a big deal for me - the 2 places i listed are 3 yr - which is a yr better than most other places..

if everything else is working as normal - i dont know if id waste the money. it wont make your truck run better or drive better. if your not in like alaska or something, it wont make any real difference starting in the winter either. if the warranty is 2 yrs i wouldnt even consider it when you can get one thats 1/3 longer for less money.. - also the duracell is 875cca for $89. so youd be paying $30 more for 125 cca, and that DOESNT mean it will last you any longer. lastly - these are 2 LARGE chains with multiple locations, that are more concernced with keeping you happy then losing a few bucks over a warrenty claim. will your local parts store feel the same way when a few hundered dollars impacts his daily sales?

hell - theres no limit to when you can return things to costco. my fathers returning a 6 yr old bbq just cause he wants a new one..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts