Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought an 2004 6.0 f250 . It has 232,000 miles on it, runs great. I would like to get better mpg and maybe some added hp as well. What's the most popular or best add on chip or programmer? TIA

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can get the SCTx4 and run the canned tunes for some short time fun... take a look around on the forum start learning about your truck it can save you a lot of time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
It will never pencil out. If you are wanting a programmer to wake it up go ahead but you'll get tired of the truck before the MPG improvement tuner will even break even.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I'm getting 12 or 13 mpg . Daily driver, occasionally a trailer or boat or my 20 ft rv.
Hunting season i drive 300 miles round trip to my farm, would like to see better mileage on the interstate.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Again as stated above. You aren't going to see much if any gains in it. Go ahead and contact TSD for good tunes and call it good. Just remember when we told you that it's not going to save you any money.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wait, your getting 13mpg on the freeway? I drop to 16 when I'm hotrodding on the freeway (more than 85) if I do 57 I get over 20 at 70~ I'm about 18.
Id say there is something wrong with your truck if your only getting 13.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts