Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 F350 DRW 4x4. What is the best brand of air bags for the rear? I haul a 42’ fifth wheel. Truck pulls it very well but a little squat to it. Like to level it out with air bags. Whatever I get I am going to do an on board compressor. What’s your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
In the camper forum I'm a part of (Forest River's) they all say the Firestone Ride-Rite are the best all the time. Looks like for our trucks it's a manual system but you can add on-board air.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
Air Lift Ultimate 5000 is a nice setup

Reactions: Boudah

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I recently installed the Air Lift 5000 with the wireless EZ mount compressor. Happy so far. The preset pressure feature is a nice touch, as well as not having to route anything into the cab.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I have had 2 trucks with the Air Lift 5000s on them, love them. Both had the onboard compressor and manual air pressure adjustment in cab with guage. I won't own a truck without them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AirLift 5000 with internal jounce bumpers and WirelessOne compressor here, really like the remote with high/low memory settings

With the remote it won’t allow you to go below 5psi, I usually run 7 unloaded and 80 when I have the 43ft toy hauler hooked up

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
AirLift 5000 with internal jounce bumpers and WirelessOne compressor here, really like the remote with high/low memory settings

With the remote it won’t allow you to go below 5psi, I usually run 7 unloaded and 80 when I have the 43ft toy hauler hooked up
I have the same setup. I run 5 PSI unloaded, and 65 PSI loaded with the 11k 5th wheel.

·
Administrator
29,354 Posts
IME the airlift and Firestone bags are very similar in quality
I have been running the airlift wireless for years and years with no issues.
I just recently upgraded bags to the 7500 7" they are definitely a heavy duty unit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts